1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest a Gud moisturiser

Discussion in 'Infants' started by brindhaaa, Jan 24, 2010.

1. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends

My son 14 mths old has a very dry skin. Already tried using J & J , much to my dissatisfaction. He got rashes .Please suggest some gud brand which is easily available in the market .

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Brindha, we use oilatum cream for the child and now we use non-scented vaseline lotion. The trick is to not completely towel the moisture off after the bath and work the moisture in with the moisturiser. We too had issues with J and J products.

3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Brindhaa, Sorry for barging in the thread :)

Tikka, how do you dry DS after a bath? The process - bath, apply vaseline, dab the towel on him and dry? DD's bum and legs are horrible from this Jan. I have been using gingelly/coconut oil on her wet skin, after bath, but looks like i have to switch to mineral oil or vaseline lotion.

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Pon, I don't get the skin to dry completely with the towel i.e. I do not rub it dry. I try to get the excess water off and work in the rest into the skin with the moisturiser. I let him dry for a couple of minutes under the fan or just air dry and then dress him up. The weather in Chennai is extremely dry, me thinks. my arms are flaking and DH's nasal allergies are flaring up big time.

5. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Tikka

Thanks to you .. Let me try , hope he doesnt have any issues with this.. as ponlatha said , cant see his legs and bumps:((