Sugar craving close to delivery?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by smart_soul, Jun 23, 2011.

1. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Are sugar craving and labor any related? I.e., does the sugar craving increase close to delivery?

I have about 4 more weeks to go but all of a sudden inspite of being gestationally diabetic, am unable to control my urge to eat/drink something sweet. Extreme was I had a glass of coke instead of tea this morning and a bunch of milano cookies for lunch. I am scared about sugar levels shooting up but unable to control. :-(
    I do feel quite a lot of contractions too.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Usually only sour taste during pregnancy
    Sweet????
    Anything too much is not good for health.Self control.
    Thanks.

3. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

Control your cravings as too much of sugar consumptions increases baby's weight. My son gained nearly half kg during last week of my pregnancy as I was not able to control eating sweets during Diwali.

1 person likes this.
  4. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Never heard about it but don't know. If you have gestational diabetes, better to control the intake of sugar.

One of my friends delivered the day after she had panipuri at my place for dinner. :D She ate that to her hearts content since we were abroad and she did not know how to make it Her due date was still a few days away. She used to joke to me about it Myself too had labor pains soon after eating a tasty dish full of spices - cloves, cinammom, pepper, bayleaf etc. So I felt that labor can be brought on by eating spicy stuff :D I know its funny but that is what I felt at that moment.