Submitted My Resignation..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, May 4, 2023.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Though things seems normal
    Now..my mind is unable to let go of the past harassment maybe borderline..

Don’t know if I did the right thing..coz the men don’t trouble me
    Much but I feel anxious everyday going to work and it is affecting my health.

Told my boss am quitting and he said since am leaving in good terms,they liked my work am always welcome to come back whenever I want..

I feel so sad but I need to do this for my peace of mind..

politics is one thing but harassment even borderline( though it was few months back) is creating too much anxiety for me..

I hope I did the right thing:. Very sad to say but I did it in person

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was causing you so much anxiety and stress. Resigning was the right thing for you at this time. Doing it in person takes courage.

The second-guessing ("Was it right to quit when the colleagues did not bother me directly?"), the sadness ("I had to quit a near-perfect job only because of bad behavior from colleagues"), anxiety ("will i find another job, will I find it soon, will it be as flexible..), such feelings and thoughts will keep bugging the mind. Don't fight them. Allow them. Recognize the thought when it surfaces, sit with it for a moment, and then let it go, and make yourself move on to an activity.

I know it sounds preachy but that "sit with it for a moment, do not fight it" really helped me.

shreepriya and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rihanna…feeling very hurt today..but hopefully I get over this

my guilt is now the men are not troubling me coz I showed am not okay with it..did I overreact in quitting now pricks me
    The most

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Don’t ruminate and don’t dwell on the past. At each step remember that your only loyalty is to your own self. You didn’t do anything wrong. You just removed yourself from a situation that was not working for you. Put it behind you as a life experience.

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malstrom..

Since I left in good terms..I always have the job if I want to go back to as they want to keep in touch.

but will I go back? Not until those men are working there which is atleast for another how long god knows..

wish I had thick skin..

due to my past trauma I still doubt if I take the right decision..

The men don’t really bother me for the past few months but my anxiety is giving me undue stress..hope it’s not my fault for otherwise a good job..I hope I didn’t exaggerate the situation..

please bear with me ladies..I know am upset and not thinking right..

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Use this to guide your next steps. If you want to continue working look for a bigger company with a proper HR division, not a family business type of place. You may encounter bad apples anywhere but you can also do things to improve the odds in your favor.

anika987 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The guy compliments everyone literally as Hot and sexy..even he did that with a man once!

outsiders might feel he is casual or generally saying things but maybe me being a conservative Indian woman probably for my instincts I felt he was just generalizing it to be safe..

Maybe I am wrong or right..

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It hurts the hell that I quit this job but i don’t feel safe.I feel uneasy.Maybe am
    Being “too cautious”??

Maybe he is a normal guy..a normal Indian guy and he does have sisters and a lovely wife and a mom who lives with him..

I hope I didn’t overact and screw up something good that happened to me
    By misjudging him..my gut instinct felt this guy was creepy…

maybe it’s just me

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

What irritates me is whenever he is in office he is always sitting in the chair next to me..the dude has his own room!!

Maybe he feels alone and in the front desk we have 3 to 4 people to talk to..that’s why he is sitting here..

hope am not assuming