1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Story korner - Procrastination

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by tuffyshri, Jun 21, 2013.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Hi Kids and moms

My DD always love to read and hear stories. I tell her a lot, and she will have to find the moral in the story. That gave me an inspiration to chart down the stories that I tell her in this forum, so that we all can get benefitted :) OK not all the stories may have moral... some may be just humorous with no meaning... so here we go with one moral story. I will try to post few more stories as and when possible. Have fun.

Later
    Tuffy

Story Korner - Procrastination

Word of the Day -
    Procrastination - to keep delaying something that must be done, often because it is unpleasant or boring

Minu was a lovely girl. She was all perfect except that she used to keep postponing her current work for no reason. Her mother would always remind her for this habit of hers but she never listened at all.

She had a good friend Sara. They were of same age and class but different school. Sara was having her birthday in 5 days and she seeked Minu for help in coming with a good party.

Minu - 'Hey how about Chota Bheem concept'

Sara - 'uh... that sounds exciting...'

Minu - 'hmm let us see... you take help of your parents to do a lovely chota bheem cake'

Sara - 'yeah... i will also ask them to order for some ladoos which is Bheem's favourtie'

Minu - 'cool... we can ask the girl children to dress up in lavendar like Chutki or Indhu'

Sara - 'and the boys can come as Bheem'

Minu - 'or jaggu, the monkey...'

ha ha ha they had good laughter and kept planning perfectly. Sara with the help of her parents did all the required arrangements. Before the D Day -

Sara - 'hey Minu.. thank you very much for the wonderful idea. The birthday party is going to be great'

Minu - 'Oh dont mention, Sara. After all I can reuse this theme for my birthday right?'

Sara - 'cool.. see I am going to have the party from 6 to 8 pm tomorrow. Please come over as soon as possible. I want to announce everybody that you are my best friend who has helped me do this party. I will not cut the cake without you'

Minu - 'sure dear'

At home, Minu's mother reminded her to get a good gift for Sara. But Minu as usual kept on procrastinating. She had or thought she had more other works than go to the shop.

On the birthday day, after returning from school Minu was busily doing her homework when the phone rang. Minu's mother picked it and then informed Minu that it was Sara to remind her about the birthday that evening. Minu felt excited. She immediately rushed to her room. It was 4 o clock then. She kept trying on different outfits and kept dressing herself. Around 6 o clock, her mother knocked the door and informed that she was getting late for the party. The plan was that she would go to Minu's house herself and that mother would pick her around 8 in the night. In a hurry Minu left faster without buying any gift!!

The party was a great success. Children were excited to be part of their favourite cartoon character. The cake cutting got over... games were over... slowly all the children proceeded to give their gifts to Sara. That is when Little Minu realised that she had come empty handed. She felt ashamed. She was almost in the wedge of crying. When all the children finished giving the gifts, she started crying. Sara's parents tried to console her. Sara was not sure of the reason for Minu's outburst.

Minu - ((sob)) i am very very sorry Sara... I didnt get you a good gift at all... Mama told me so many times... but I kept on postponing the work... that I totally didnt have time later on to buy or make something myself.... ((sob))) I feel so bad

Sara - oh it is ok Minu... do you think I will hate you for not giving me a gift... no.. you are my best friend Minu...

and they hugged each other. By then they saw that Little Minu's mother had come to pick her and surprise!! She had a HUGE pack of gift in her hand. She kissed Sara and wished her. She then gave the pack to Minu to give to Sara.

Minu was speechless and she hugged her mother gratefully.

'Thank you very much Mama... you are the great' she said.

'Well Minu... it is high time that you learn your lessons' Mother said.

'Sure Mama... I will not procrastinate my works anymore' promised Little Minu. Her mother hugged her tight.

Sara and Minu rushed to opened the gift to see a lovely Thomas Cook Train!!!!

From then on, Little Minu did all the work immediately and did not miss out any more birthdays!! :)

10 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Wow!!!
    Tuffyshri...:thumbsup:
    I had heard Moms can be creative but you are just one step ahead of all of us...:clap:
    Luvd the cute story...and am sure going to tell this one to my son tonight.

Keep posting more..

2 people like this.
  3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much for the kind words Dinny! :-D glad that you liked the idea and the story. do tell me ur son's reaction.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thats just so nice! Really nice! Thanks for the tip, I will start teaching my kid a new word a day/...hopefully :)

1 person likes this.
  5. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi tuffy,

really a great idea to introduce new words to kids, really love your idea, sure to say this story tomorrow because my kid is already asleep now,

keep posting many stories friend.....

1 person likes this.
  6. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

thank you all ... glad you liked it. pls do post the reactions of ur kid after hearing the story

7. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi tuffy,

I said the story to my DH. really amazed to see his reaction, he loved the story but he started to think of celebrating his birthday with angry birds cake, when he was at age 2 , we ordered dora cake, he started to talk about that, very tough to get him into the story , but really he loved it

keep posting more stories tuffy

1 person likes this.
  8. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

that is so cute priya :)

9. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Tuffy,
    Hope I can give out this suggestion. For the reaction of kids and feedback can we have a separate thread, so this can be a compilation of stories only.

10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Sure Visasri... :) was just curious to see if my story makes any sense at all!! ;-)