1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

story korner for kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hello ILites

Children love to hear stories and so many times we run out of ideas.Many of our ILites here are wonderful story tellers.
    So i am dedicating this thread for stories.You can share your stories here.

I am sharing tuffyshri's stories here
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/222638-story-korner-choose-your-friend.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/222137-story-korner-procrastination.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/223075-story-korner-empathy.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/224688-story-korner-stinking-potatoes.html

5 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: story korner by tuffyshri

Thanks for this Dinny! Now we have everything in one place :)

1 person likes this.
  3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Hey Dinny.. thank you very much for making it a sticky post!! :-D and that too the title holds my id!! yay!!

1 person likes this.
  4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Next story is a Panchatantra story. May be you had heard it already, but let me repeat it.
    There is a say that 'Speech is silver, silence is golden'. In today's world we have to speak and speak a lot. Whatever was considered as embarrassment are becoming necessities these days. And silent people are considered as introverts, weak and confident less people. But NO! it is not the truth. Silence is powerful. One must learn how to speak, when and where to speak and also... when NOT to speak... how NOT to speak.. where NOT to speak!
    As per the Yogasastras too... the more silence you maintain, you save a lot of Sakthi within you. That is why the rishis, sadhus, why even God is remaining in silence.

Silence is golden!

Once there lived a Turtle who was very talkative. He kept on talking and talking. For anything and everything he had something to tell. Any topic that he could talk about. Not that he was intelligent enough to speak about the topic. Still he made some sense or nonsense. Because of this talkativeness he made lot of friends but they were all short term only.

Once he saw a stork near his house. He had always wondered about the birds ability to fly in air. Slowly he befriended this stork. Within few days, the stork understood her friend. So she kept warning the turtle that he should control his talkativeness. One day or the other this is going to prove dangerous to him. But the turtle ignored her advice.

One day the turtle asked the stork to help him fly. The stork agreed half heartedly. She asked her husband to help her and the turtle. They planned to hold a stick in their mouth. And that the turtle hold the stick in his mouth. The stork warned a lot to the turtle to hold his urge to talk and keep holding the mouth firmly. The turtle also agreed.

On the D Day the trio was all set. They flew so nicely. The turtle felt very happy to be floating in the air. The storks flew a bit higher. The turtle looked down and was realizing the city to be so beautiful. He felt jealous for the storks had the capacity to fly but not him. He without thinking opened his mouth immediately to express his J Factor. He fell down all the way from a higher altitude and rest is history!!

4 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Tuffy when ever i tell this story to my son the first thing that comes to my mind is that more than him its me who needs to learn something this moral..."silence is golden".
    Good job tuffy :thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  6. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

yet another nice story tuffy..

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Dinny for this thread, useful for me too

2 people like this.
  8. Treasure

Treasure Senior IL'ite

hmm gud lesson to be learnt by all. especially i wud like to relate it to my life itself.
    i tend to speak insantly for whaterever with my MIL.. gud or bad or normal ... but she plays carefully wih words. 1ly after that realise, how stupid was i to have answered that way or this way...

Think before you speak!!!!!!

me trying .. but got used toooooooooooo

1 person likes this.
  9. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thank you all... am late but with another story. Hope you will like this.
    Story courtesy - Magic Pot Magazine!

"Stealing is bad"

One day the Kitty cat was preparing her breakfast. Feeling the good smell, Squeaky the squirrel popped his head from the near by tree into her kitchen.

"hmm... that smells so good... you must be doing a great breakfast, Kitty" said Squeaky.

Kitty just smiled beaming with pride.

"you know what.. am so hungry... could not find any food... do you mind sharing some food for me?" asked Squeaky.

Kitty was kind enough and agreed. She immediately shared a part of her food with Squeaky.

The squirrel had a sumptuous meal but that was not enough for him. He got still more greedy. He said "hmmm... the food is so delicious... now I want ALL your food"

Kitty was shocked by his reaction. Yet she calmly told him "Pal... am so sorry... I gave you a portion already. But cannot give you all of my food. I am also hungry"

But to more shock to Kitty, Squeaky snatched the bowl that contained the food and quickly ran away. Kitty chased Squeaky. But to her horror, Squeaky fastly climbed the tree. Kitty kept chasing, shouting "hey.. give me back my food".

Squeaky stopped climbing the tree and looked back at Kitty. He started moving backwards showing gestures at Kitty. He did not realise that he had reached the end of the branch. All of a sudden he fell to the ground with a huge thud!

The bowl with food was thrown in the air and Kitty gave a decent jump and caught the bowl safely in her paws.

Squeaky started crying out in pain. Kitty felt sorry but warned him "Dont ever try to steal things again, Pal! it is a bad habit. Now come I will help you with your wounds"

But Squeaky was too ashamed to look at Kitty that he bowed his head and ran away.

2 people like this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thats a cute story with a good moral tuffy :thumbsup:.

1 person likes this.