1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stopped talking with ils!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by tulip17, Aug 12, 2013.

1. tulip17

tulip17 New IL'ite

Hi
    i need some advices
    Around 3 months back, i stopped calling my ils after an argument with my Dh regarding their behaviour with me.
    Since my wedding, i always called them whether i went out on trips with my Dh or even when i was not well ,but they never bothered to call me even once.
    Now my mil has started pressurising my Dh to make me call,by saying words like oh i luv her, i miss her, i dont know what mistake i did, i want to apologise, just to see her happy i can even touch her feet,and bla bla..... result comes as in exploding Dh. Even my dh realises that they are not very good with me but still she is his mom, he obeys her, and gets involved with her in bitching but at home most of the times he maintains a lovely ambience to make me happy. complex situation... after all this just to make my dh happy i called her but she dint talked in attitude.
    Even then he dont want his mom to call me instead ,like a conservative man, he wants me to make a motherly relation with mil.. after spending 2 yrs of married life i completely understands mils cunning nature...calling her after so many instances wil degrade my self respect and ego...
    1 more thing i wana add she is a bundle of techniques that creates misunderstanding between us. Ladies help!!!!

2. Jhilmill

Jhilmill Silver IL'ite

Ask your husband to give you the phone when she says things like she miss you etc. otherwise dont talk and dont discuss this topic with husband...that should be your technique.

3. meerakoushik

meerakoushik New IL'ite

Hi,

I second jhillmill.
    Also if that doesnot work, and if ur husband starts the topic you can tell him the same dialogues... U too miss her... U too would like to talk to her bla bla... But tell him cos of time difference u dnt get time to call her or also u can tell u called her but she dnt pick the call.

4. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Ask your husband to take the other phone when you are talking and ask him to listen to what you talk. Or put the phone on speaker and talk whenever you do. That ways he will come to know of his mom's cunning nature..

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Follow the above suggestions !!!

6. SudhaMakesh

SudhaMakesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,

It always happens .... Do one thing... talk whenever your hubby calls them. Don't make call on your own... If your husband pressures you then tell him they don't talk in a likely way.... If he don't believe tell him to join the call by other phone without exposing himself then you will call otherwise you don't (Like whenever your IL believe he will be in office you are alone calling her from home)...then he can know their true color with you ....It is tough to make him accept doing this... but there is no other way to prove ourselves...

Wife is always an easy target for men than their mother and sisters...
    point everything on her... problem solved...

We have to prove ourselves...

7. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

Tulip,
    This is a battle, Indian wives can never win. We will always be at the losing end. Its not even worth fighting. Just make the damn call once a month or so, just like some mundane ritual. Just stop giving importance to whatever she says/don't say,etc. Its tough done than said. But trust me, you will get used to it. Atleast you have a husband who understands they are making you unhappy. There are husbands like mine, who are hell bent on blaming me for every damn thing.

1 person likes this.
  8. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

Best solution, only call in your husband's presence, that too call on a speaker phone, and let her know that her calls are being taken on speaker phone, so that your husband hears and knows everything. And make him chide her when she makes a bad comment as to kya hai ma, kya faltu ki baat kar rahi ho? etc.

9. tulip17

tulip17 New IL'ite

Hi...
    My smart mil calls him in his office, never on weekends.
    Once my Dh got late for the office and the phone vibrated, i picked d call and she almost fainted!! but acting smartly she gave the phone to fil... and then a complaint..... dil made her very uncomfortable, and she feared that if she had talked more, dil might fight with her ds which she never wants..
    all such complaints make dh very uncomfortable, and that creates a kind of cold war, nobody likes a tensed ambience..right... so just to make a gud environment, i have to put my time in him or in other words a shear wastage of time and that is because of her, a lady who is sitting hundreds of kms away. She never shows her ego instead tries to make me feel guilty. its annoying thats why i want to run away from her. i tried talking with dh (when he was happy) but nothing came out as his mom is DEVI, she struggled throughout her life, his dad never cared for her, she devoted her luxuries for kids and bla bla. dont know wat to do.

10. Jhilmill

Jhilmill Silver IL'ite

Your husband is scared that his relation with his mom will be hampered if you don't talk.

So discussing with him will be futile and if he discusses with you the focus should be on you...like instead of badmouthing her focus on your problems and tell him coz he cannt stand for you atleast you deserve your peace of mind and for that if his mother is emotionally blackmailing him he needs to deal with it.

So ask him to deal with his mom if he is **** scared you can't help it...you are someone else's daughter.

Don't be scared about the cracks in relation, just don't nag n fight ...try to be bold. Tell him last time you had a fight and you are choosing peace this time and if he's wise enough he better deal with it.