1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

stomach ache stomach ache cha cha cha....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Sep 24, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

this is no first aid advice or home remedy for stomach ache...so if you want to navigate to another page go ahead....but yes this could be your experience too...
    school days are filled with homeworks, projects punctuality and what nots....
    this little ailment(?) came in pretty handy and wonder if it still does in school going children....

forgot to complete the homework? havent put the brown cover...that was due day before y/day and you have already asked for a day's time?, now where is that geography reader?...i thought there was not homework in english...and such a huge essay to write. .appa has already gone to the office...and cant find a word for that essay...havent paid the fees but amma and appa say now where is the time to come ..we will pay tomorrow..your school is not going to run away ...who is to tell the school authorities...

it was raining y/day and the whole area is full of puddles...those friends said they are going fishing and have a bath in the pond...all these were reasons enough to bring a stomach ache...

some kids went a dancing..ma stomach ache aaah oooo...moms usually didnt know what to do...did you go to the toilet ? some asked...oh yes first thing was usual answer.. with their busy schedules moms usually said ok don’t go to school then…will apply some castor oil and perhaps you can take some rest and go to school in the afternoon…
    going to schools in the afternoon were always forgotten and kids loved sleeping through the correct hour for going to school…

stomach aches were sometimes felt in the head, chest or hip…!forgetting they were reporting a stomach ache kids held the head or chest…hey you have pain in the chest ?moms were worried…and suddenly the hands shifted to the stomach..although moms knew there was nothing wrong with the stomach …you cannot take chances…!

grandpas were pets as far as stomach aches were concerned…they winked to say they will take care of the kids and to go about house work without a worry…and kids joined grandpas to bathe, read stories or just spend time sleeping…bliss..!

my sister in law says she used to complain of stomach ache only in the afternoon after lunch….whatever for only afternoons..? oh to pluck all those mehendi leaves from the garden …do a run run with the ammi…the grinding stones…and cap all those fingers green…!the dot dot and dots in the palm ..and when the stomach ache is contagious that is when more friends in the neighbourhood get stomach ache at the same time in the afternoon there will be quite a competition as to whose palms turned red more…!

Ever enjoyed stomach aches? Do let me know…!and lets say stomach ache stomach ache cha cha cha...!

sathya

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007

2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hahahhaha,very true...in my childhood days same time for me,for my brother,for my sister got stomach ache,becoz v can't tell fever it will b easily find out,so my mom will b in hurry to go school for her job,so v enjoyed by listening to music,no bath,no food,no homework. evening v'll go to bed at sharpely 5.30 my mom knows the trick,so she'll buy some cakes & tell us oh dear u should not have cake in this pain,itz ok i'll have,then immediately v said no amma morning itself stomach pain gone...:yes: hmmmm it was really nice days...
    but now sister's kids r running to school,they won't take leave,if i miss a class only i'll suffer like that they'lll tell,they'll go even if they have fever,cold...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  3. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Nice write up...
    My sweet nephew gets stomach ache whenever he is not in a mood to go to school or play home... And it immediately vanishes whne my sis tells that she will take him to doctor...:2thumbsup:

-Devotee

4. UshaV

UshaV New IL'ite

Hi Satya,
    Wow! You have written it very well and have captured all the childhood memories regarding oohs & aahs in a jist. Its amazing how this techniqueid being handed over from generations to even this day kindergardeners in spite of so much differences in schooling compared to earlier years.:)
    Usha

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi satya,

nostalgic drive through memory lanes...never could act well...so whenever i thought i was convincing with my stomachache cha cha...mom's hand had used to be on my back dancing 1 2 3 cha cha :mad:.

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello viv

ya that was a nice experience...children these days miss a lot ...and that includes rocking enjoyable stomach aches too...

sathya

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello devotee

doctors these days are a scare....what with ques and needles...in those days perhaps the docs had more time for the kids understanding their chase away stomach problems and would give some sweet tasting tonic or juice.. which will just as sweet with or minus stomach ache...

sathya

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello usha

stomach ache sure has come down generations and has taken a beating nowadays as parents go nuclear and have no one to ``look'' after the kid who comes back...now which kid will want to spend all time alone in the verandah or opp house with nothing exciting happening...kids these days do not have the kind of childhood that we had...

sathya

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello shanti

hey thats nice your mom doing 123 tap tap tap ...!
    ya sure good going through memory lane...do we have a treasure there...!

sathya

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Nice post.Really enjoyed it.Bought some nostalgic memories.I always used to get stomaches whenever the music teacher came.The classes would be conducted in a room upstairs.I would go down on the pretext of getting medicine and water.I t would take me 1/2 hr to go up again.The teacher was so fed up that it happened several times,she finally called it a day.Then later on in higher classes it was cricket matches which caused stomach aches.Vow I longed to go back to those days.........