1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

stitch bras and underwear

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by anaconda1997, Aug 28, 2010.

1. anaconda1997

anaconda1997 Senior IL'ite

anyone does it? i am interested a lot because it is very necessary to have more of them. would like to seek some help. also i would promise to share if i learnt it..

2. vidyaubba

vidyaubba Senior IL'ite

Anna Library in chennai

Dear All,
    Yesterday i had been to the new Anna Centenary Library. Really it is wonderful and worth visiting.I just want to share my experience. Some features are very good esp kids section is fully loaded with colourful kids books with cute little chairs and tables. Another facility is own reading room which can be used to read and work on our own projects in with our laptops.only 2 floors have come other 3 to 4 floors are yet to come construction works are going on, ambience is very good.Braile section for blind people, reference section for eng and medical students and lots of comfortable furniture for all to sit and read. From Nov 14th (children's day) children membership starts and for others memberships starts from 1st jan 2011.
    I am very much excited about this library. So i shared my experience:).

Vidya Ram.

3. videsha

videsha New IL'ite

Re: Anna Library in chennai

The library does look magnificent!!! It wud be nice if IL organised a "field trip" for its members jus to check out the place...:thumbsup

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info. In the recent issue of Ananda vikatan also there is an article abt the library.

andal

5. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

I have to yet visit the library ,, inspite of my office being just opposite to library I havent visited it :frown::frown: from my window where I sit I can see the library building will have to take out some time and visit it, :hide::hide: might be today evening will go , and see how it is made . :bonk:bonk

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidya,

Thanks for sharing this piece of information. Where in chennai is this library located?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  7. luxiraj

luxiraj New IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the info. I want to go to the library as well and especially take my little DD who is fond of books. Are there any sewing books? Silly me can't take sewing out of my head wherever i go...

8. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

oh is it .....thats really a news to me ....where is it ?? I always that we had to go to BC or buy our own books, if the kids had to read. Thats one of the reason which makes me think about winding up frm the US....Good..intersting...super...

9. vidyaubba

vidyaubba Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Library is located in Kotturpuram Main Road called Gandhi Mandapam Road and library is near Anna Gem School.Pls do visit dont miss.

Vidya Ram.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  10. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

hai vidya,

nice to hear about the library. I saw the building only on TV. I will visit the library, when I visit chennai next time. thanks for the information.