Stigma For Getting Professional Help

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Jan 7, 2022.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I've read ladies

- getting professional help due to bad marriage, etc
    - being advised to get professional help due to bad marriage, etc

I've seen ladies come out of bad marriages and into a better place in relatively little time.

This year would have been 10 year anniversary, had my marriage not been fraud due to GC.

When I feel under pressure to do things, I think about how bad I was treated, how unfair it was that my ex had no job, mooched off of me, was abusive. Even though I physically lived with him (with my family) for little over 6 months.

IL has been great in advising ladies. But I think I need to turn it up a notch.

I used to be concerned about the stigma of getting professional but at this point

- lot of people may be put off by my behavior and won't like me anyway
    - what if I hurt the feelings of someone I love because of my unresolved hurts

My question is, did you go to Counselor, or Medical Psychiatrist? How many sessions did it take you. Did you ever have to return back?

I can mask my sadness, anger and disgust around those I have no feelings for, but when i am around loved ones, that is when I let me guard down.- and they get hurt.

My biggest fear is hurting my child (if i am ever blessed with a child(ren))

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It could have been your 10 year Anniversary..yes but that ex of yours cheated and now he is somewhere probably happy but what is bothering is you hurting and punishing yourself for no mistake of yours for the past 10 years.you deserve peace and happiness.

It is really time to get professional help.

You an start with a counselor or psychologist.There is no stigma ..

everyone is facing their own problems and right time it’s time to focus on your happiness and mental Peace.

Hope other Il’s give you better solutions.

God bless

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much, I was fearful of job prospects!