1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Jobs – Something to learn from his life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Steve Jobs – Something to learn from his life

Among all of u here, I am the person least qualified to talk of Steve Jobs. I am not very much in gadjets, have never seen an I phone, or a Mcintosh, and don’t follow much what he does.

This is a joke doing the rounds of the SMS these days .
    10 years back there was Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
    Today America has no jobs,no hope and no Cash !!!

After Steve Jobs died, there came a lot of articles about him, and reading them I was fascinated by the man. And a few days back I saw the I pad, and I was fascinated, jut woith the finger , u can just surf, and it was so damn good, it has made a lap top redunant. My friend who has it, swears by it, so do I after seeing it.

I found a lot of things very fascinating about Steve Jobs life, which set me thinking.Some are as follows
    1) Adopt instead of going in for expensive fertility treatments - I see couples trying hard for a baby, and going in for intro something. Very expensive, and painful for the mother. Or finding a surrogate mother. Instead why not adopt, who knows yr adopted son can turn out to be a Steve Jobs eh ! Just imagine the first foster parents who had booked Steve jobs and later changed their mind, bcs they wanted to adopt a girl ! What must they be thinking now ?
    2) Education – I have always stressed, that though education is necessary, but to be rich it is not necessary to be educated. Bill Gates, steve Jobs, and our own desi Dhirubhai Ambani, were not educated, but surely they employed all those educated people. Do we vie for our kids to be employees of the above, or to be the bosses, it is only your heart that can truthfully answer.
    3) Learning to Rise from the Ashes – He built Apple, made it a company of 4000 people from two, and built it to a 2 billion dollor company, then being thrown out of his own company, being down an d out, to again come up to take charge of Apple, is something legends are made of.
    Something similar to what Amitabh went thru, till he came back from ABCL fiasco to KBC.

4) Simplicty in clothes and life – He wore just a blue jeans and a black polo T shirt. The reason he said was that he did not want to have different coloured clothes, and wonder what to wear today, so one of the richest persons , had such simple tastes.And his own house , very modest, in comparison to his wealth.
    5) Taking dieing in his stance – Never once did I hear Steve jobs say, that why did God give him such a short life. He accepted it, and not knowing how long he would live, he lived life as though it was the last day on earth. And pushed himself to the limits.
    6) Having confidence in himself and his products. When someone asked him, why did he not ask the public what they wanted, instead of making millions of pieces I n advance and then introducing it to the pub;lic, what if it flopped, he said “ I make the public want what I make” meaning they don’t know what they want, rather he creates the want. Wow !So before the Chinese copied his products, he made and sold millions of pieces in the first week of the launch.
    7) Most companies get their products made in China, I guess Steve got his made in America, in complete secrecy, and that is the reason Apple made money for Steve and for the shareholders of Apple.
    8) When someone asked him if he is afraid of recession, he said what recession, there is no recession in Apple, people line up from midnight to buy his products the day of the launch, and no one bothers about the price ! Such supreme confidence.

Yes he had his negative parts too, which I wont go into, for this time I just wanted to focus on the other business qualities of this man called Steve Jobs.

What must he be feeling to see life ebb away right in front of his eyes, in the last days he could not even climb the stairs. He refused a lot of friends who wanted to meet him to say that final goodbye, and that brings me to the last point,

Which death is preferable, the one where u don’t suffer, just a heart attack and u are gone peacefully, or the one like Steve, where u die slowly over the years ?

The first one, pain is less, and u get no time to say goodbye, to do things that u have not done, to set yr financials in order, to recover money that is outstanding, so that yr family that u leave behind someday, does not have to do the rounds of the courts for years.

Or this painful death, where u know u can die in a few months or a year, and u make a will, close down business and start consolidating money , and saying goodbye to friends and enemies, and doing things that u did not have the time for previously, now that uyr days are numbered ?

Well tough one this, but if given a choice I would like to go the Steve jobs way, where I need time to finish my work here ont his wonderful earth, sort out my affairs, and yes there maybe suffering too, but then that is a part of the deal, is it not ?

Well each to their own eh ! Steve RIP.

KAMAL MAHTANI

In heaven, Rajiv Gandhi is suddenly laughing.Indra Gandhi tells him why he is laughing so much.
    Rajiv – I married Sonia Gandhi, but it is Manmohan Singh who is suffering her !!!

Wife in front of the mirror – I am old and wrinkled.Will u still give me some compliment ?
    Husband – Darling yr eyesight is perfect !!!

A man threw his wife to the crocodiles.
    He is now facing trial in court, for being cruel to animals !!!

Boy to girl – Will u cone with me to the movies.
    Girl- will u try and kiss me ?
    Boy – No
    Girl – Will u try and touch me ?
    Boy – No
    Girl – then why are u taking me, go take yr sister with yu !!!

Santa is not sleeping with his wife these days.
    Reason – someone told him it is wrong to sleep with a married lady !!!

Difference between GOD, Tailor, Girlfriend and Wife
    God makes man
    Tailor – makes Gentleman
    Girlfriend – makes him a He- Man

Wife – makes him a Dobber man

Men need 100% talent to succeed in life
    Women need just 4% talent to succeed, because the remaining 36+24+36 help !!!

16 people like this.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was a thought provoking piece Kamalji. To accept the inevitable is something that needs guts to face. Hats off to your courage and stance and a curse to you - Let that day be far away. A touching one about Steve Jobs too. -rgs

2 people like this.
  3. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    A Very worthy effort by you in bringing about the facts about Steve.Inspiring facts.Though I tried reading any article about Steve each article has a different aspect to highlight about him.I have seen many people not accepting their aging factor but to accept death one really needs guts & will power though how much ever rich he might be.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

I too have been reading a lot of articles re him and I really admire his confidence to come out with statements like that.
    That sort of confidence comes only when you are too good at what you do and you know it.
    lack of a formal education worked for Bill gates and Steve jobs but it doesn't work for everybody..again they were too good at what they did which is not very common..it happens to one in so many..

hmmm sudden or slow death???? I think I would need time to organize everything properly for my family..tell my close ones how much they mean to me and ohhh so much work to do( and get done )before I die that I would drive everyone around me really crazy and they would start to wish that I conk off immediately.LOL

3 people like this.
  5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post. I liked the jokes..especially first and third.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

Thank u for the first FB, and a great one. yes he accepted the inevitable gracefully, and he made no grand speeches of farewell, went so quietly.Thanks.

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika,

i too read so many articles in the papers, but some points, that i mentioned stayed put in my mind, why he was so different for others.As a human being he was not perfect, he had many faults, but some things about him i liked which i told u all here.

Yes we need accept that we are growing old, and we need to age gracefully.Very few can do it.

Regards
    kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Min di,

Well education or not, it has to be inside u, the biurning fire to do somethjing inlife, to create something. i guess today education is like cloning one student the same as the other. They all want to work for the MNC's, very few wanting to do their own, and be their own bosses. So education is creating employees , rahter than enterpreuners.

Well , the death part, is dicey, haha. each to their own i repeat.

Regards

kamal

9. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Very nice article about steve jobs kamalji...Inspiring thoughts of steve for you...I have to say!! As usual, enjoyed your jokes....:)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,

thank u.

Regards

kamal