1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stay At Home Life - Isn't It A Blessing?????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Sep 9, 2020.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone for your inputs....
    Reading through your experience make me feel how different everyone's life style is... And the different shades of happiness & restlessness during this pandemic.

Thankfully we have passed the lock down here in Sri Lanka.
    Schools have opened, H goes to work as usual & we gotta spend time in outside rather than fully stuck at home like a few months before.
    The stress of disinfecting even vegetables from the market & fear of catching covid19 during March & April was the stressful time. Thankfully we have come a long way from it as a nation.

Having said that, everyone works in our home just like how everyone enjoys this relaxation/break.
    The amount of work is surely double as I have to do office work & handle the home as well.

But, my H & my mom contribute a lot.

When i prepare B/fast, my H bathe the kids & dress them up. My mom washes the utensils in the kitchen while i pack their lunch boxes & send them off.

I do the interiors, sweep & mop. My H does the garage & garden cleaning every morning.

I cook lunch well before i log into the system to begin office work. My mom helps daily.

Laundry is my H's job, as well as he enjoys dropping & picking up the kids, grocery shopping, market etc...

I did struggle a lot a few months back with lots of house work, teaching etc etc when the lockdown was in place. I can imagine the struggle you have.

In fact, the struggle was due to my inability in delegating the chores and my lack of expertise in doing them as I've never really done house chores before.

Thankfully everything settled, and the happiness of spending quality time at home is more than the pain of doing the chores.