1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Starting life with a startling “thankyou”!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ayyo, Aish, the more I write him, I think all of you will "switch over" & "katchi marufy"!!":-(
    He can never even boil water in MW, leave alone cook! So you need to be in my side atleast for a good thing or two in me!!:hide:

2. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,

I cant believe this. I thought my dh was the only human being who would say thank you and sorry for each and every thing . Now I am relieved to find that vish uncle is also like that. Mami, only difference is my day starts with a thank you from him when I give tea to him, with rusks (instead of coffee which you give to uncle) :biglaugh. I found his habit of being overly polite and courteous very irritating in the beginning, because in my family, we never bother about such niceties :hide:. We tease and make fun and talk freely. But after marriage, when I found him like this very gentlemanly even to family members, I was amused. But now learnt to accept it. You have written in a humourous way with all naughtiness about the pon parkal and wedding night incidents. :crazy

3. Chitvish

Dear Saroj,
    :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So , red-faced smile and tears are your exchanges?? That only shows how perfectly you have understood each other similar to
    naan paesa ninaippathellam nee paesa vendum!!
    Thanks a ton.:)

4. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Chit mami,
    Thanks for this sweeeet write up. You must be a blessed person because you have shared more than half century with a person your father gifted to you by marriage. Mr V must be a lucky person as you have understood his culinery taste and conqured his heart.

5. Chitvish

Thanks for coming here, Radhi!:)
    So, same pinch, same pinch, same pinch ???:biglaugh
    Besides being amused, I was more worried that he will think of me as one with less manners!

Your last line is to give you a peek into my life - I have nothing to hide!!

6. Chitvish

Dear nityakalyani,
    He never gave me an opportunity to understand his culinary taste. I just went ahead!!
    My MIL used to mention, that he, who never ate many varieties, now enjoys them all!!
    Except that he is a "no onions, no garlic" person!
    But he is my best critic & will comment heartlessly if any dish is not up to mark.:-(
    Ofcourse, it suits me also because either I don't post that recipe or improve on it!!

7. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Dear maami,

I just love the way u describe things

Specially this one was soo nice

Cute story indeed....My DH doesnt use much of these words, but i think am using it a lot when i speak with him...

I admire your care when you mentioned, you move away with thanks while offering coffee because , you are concerned that he may not have it or coffee may become tepid....

nice... nice... nice....

Actually i smiled when i read it... feeling an unknown happiness in mind after reading your post...

Cheers
    Sweetlife

8. Chitvish

Oh, so many compliments in one Fb - you are one "sweetie pie:":thumbsup
    Your last line made me very happy!! Etho, ILites ku ennal aana upakaram!!:hide:

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,

that means u wont thank me for writing this wonderful FB to yr equally wonderful post ? How bad that is of u:biglaughWell Vish is one of the most polite person i have had the privilege of meeting personally, not that u are in any way less Chitra.HAHA

Well in my case, i am silent, harsha has to ask me time and again how have i made this dish etc, and i tell her, when i am quiet it means i liked it, when i speak , then problems will start, for i will talk when salt is less or spices etc.

so silence in my cse is golden, no saying words, unless absolutely necessary.

Now that is me, that that is Vish.HAHA

Good one.

Regards

kamal

10. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

True. Tara's pact is only with Rammani Thatha. She made it clear that the US situation is different and that she would thank others.

My wife being from Karnataka never uses any of these அடை மொழிகள்.
    Having been my colleague at work for long, she calls me by my name always.
    At least other than when I annoy her (Not all that rare), and an அர்ச்சனை is on. Then it will be அடே மொழி.

Arunadhri