1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sripriya, Sridhar and Anitha Rathnam

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 16, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

SHE 13 Uploaded!

Most Gracious ILites,

I would like to start this announcement saying "I am pleased to post SHE 13" but the content forbids me to say so.

A few minutes from now, SHE 13 will be up on the air.

You have been praising about my writing style in SHE. It is true that my style has improved a lot in the last 2 years I have been a part of this site. But regarding my style in SHE I owe it all to my writer friend who has been giving the final touches to my language.

My friend is quite busy and this time had to take some extra trouble to ensure that the episode reached me on time. I dedicate this episode to my friend, who said, "Sridhar, I am very happy to be the editor of this episode."

Now on to SHE 13.

regards,

2. gowtami

gowtami New IL'ite

i just can say the posting i read was great and others comments are great.sugoiiiiii ne(in japanese it means great)
    this article really made me think how many woman though they have talent give much importance for money rather than their njoyment.its hard to say what is important.

3. varalotti

Thank you Gowthami for the nice words in Japanese. Yes, it is hard to say what is important for whom. But I admire those people who have found out their mission in life and are living up to it, whatever the world may say behind their backs.
    Thanks for your participation.
    regards,

4. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Varallotti Sir, Wonderful review of the dance program and thought provoking ideas about the flautist, Sripriya and Anita Ratnam. Hearty congratulations to yr niece for her wonderful performance. I am replying to this after completing SHE. Once a lady is married her family becomes the first priority for her(may be until our generation). We would give up anything if it comes against our peaceful married life. If the lady has to pursue her career or get hold of her ambitions she need to have not only the support of her husband but also the support of the entire family(especially the in-laws). If she doesn't have that she should give up either of them (either her career or family). we r the ones who chose to give up the former for the sake of the latter. I will not say that i was holding a very big position or I was extremely good at some art when i got married. But whatever assignment i use to take up i will do that with maximum sincerity and devotion and excel in the act. Once i realised that for my family, me attending to the family is the priority than pursuing my goals and career, i gave up my career without the slightest hesitation. Though every now and then i feel that i have done some injustice to myself, i console myself saying that we have to sacrifice something to get something else. So to make my family happy i sacrificed my career and my conscious is clear that i did justice to my family.
    That helps me to remain in peace.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  5. varalotti

Dear Sujatha,

Thanks for the kind words and your congratulatory message. I think you did it right to read this after reading SHE, though I posted it before SHE ended.
    You said it right, for a lady her house is her world while for a man the world is his house. There are many women like you who have sacrificed their careers for the sake of their husband and their children. And we men thrive and flourish on those sacrifices. The least we need to do is to be grateful to the womenfolk who made those things happen.

In my case but for my better-half's sacrifice in a) not going to work and b) living with my parents, has helped me to focus on my work and also become a writer.

And Sujatha, you can lift your collars (if you have!) in pride that you have done the right thing for yourself and your family. But if for some women the career urge is strong and they cant afford to make the sacrifice for their family, well, their paths are different. That does not make them bad or inferior. It is a different choice and it takes all sorts of people to make up this world.
    regards,