Spotting and Stomach pain at 4 weeks Please help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by priyamtech, Aug 5, 2015.

1. priyamtech

priyamtech New IL'ite

Hi Iam new to this forum.My Lmp July 7th and ovulated on July 16th.On July 16th I had an IUI.From the past 10 days I had spotting and getting back pain and stomach pain.First I think Iam getting periods but its just spotting.I tested on August 3rd and it is positive.I went to hospital they did hcg blood test it is 195.Dr did ultrasound scan and in scan nothing is visible.Dr said to wait for some days.But still spotting and stomach pain.
    One thing to mention is after 3 days of IUI I went to my native place.Does traveling effect implantation?Iam feeling guilty for that and also feelind sad.Iam thinking that journey after IUI effected.Is this true?

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priya,
    Try to relax. Stress brings all hard time with hormones. Just hang in for few more days. Before 6W of pregnancy, its hard to monitor fetal heart beat. Rest now. Eat good and stay positive. All will go well.
    Sticky baby dust to you.

3. sandy27

sandy27 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Even I am having the same issue of mild spotting and stomach crams during my 5W of pregnancy. I visited my gynec and was told its normal and that nothing can be confirmed right now. After 8W of pregnancy, things can be confirmed.
    For stomach crams I was told to have lot of water min of 3.5 liters per day. Since then I dint have any crams. You may also try the same. Hope this was helpful. All the best.

Thanks,
    Sandhya

1 person likes this.
  4. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

OP,
    Spotting is common during first trimester (though i dont have any personal experience) . You should be able to see a yolk sac after 5 weeks in the scan and heart beat by 6 weeks. Meanwhile take ample rest, eat protein rich food such as lentils, chickpea etc. avoid food that increases body heat such as papaya, pine apple,dates. My doc had advised me to avoid dry fruits and chicken as well in the first trimester.drink buttermilk,tender coconut water. Above all, pray to god and keep calm. all the best