Sports for weight loss

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by devaradhan, Apr 6, 2010.

1. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Greetings....
    In regard to this thread "Sports for weight loss", I'm starting the activity today.
    Its just going to be a warm up session, which includes brisk walking for 15 min, slow jogging for 15 min, and playing throw ball for 1/2 an hr. Once we become flexible and confident that we can continuously workout for one hour, then we can choose a professional coach for a particular sport.

Date - 30/4/10 (Friday)
    Venue - Creek park
    Time - 6 to 7 pm

I shall post the schedule everyweek in this thread and anyone who is willing, pls do join.
    Ladies, if you are fit and healthy...then you become dependable and not a dependant......
    Cheers :cheers
    Devi.

2. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

Hope all are doing good. There wasn't any reply for this thread for quite some time. It seems that all the ladies in the UAE are fit and healthy.
    Anyways....I shall still wait for someone with the same interest.

Cheers!
    Devi.:rotfl

3. cakedecorater

cakedecorater Bronze IL'ite

Hi Devi,
    would have loved to join you, but am staying in Ghusais..working too......so maybe possible only in the evenings, but I guess at the moment too hot to walk.............ha ha I just came up with an excuse not to exercise..........even though I need to lose quite a lot of weight.

Judith

4. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear judith,
    Nice to hear from you.
    I'm very keen in losing those extra pounds and somehow doesn't get motivated. That's the reason to start this thread to find out people with same interest. As i have mentioned earlier, this is a weekend activity where ladies who wanted to lose weight and maintain shape can join together and have some sporting activity and i strongly believe that there would be some result.
    If you are interested we can start during the weekends...thats on thursdays and fridays (something is better than nothing....hehehe).
    Since you are in quasis, i think mamzar beach park would be convinient for you...i guess.
    We all know abt UAE's weather...so if we think of the heat...then we are not going to get back to shape....So lets manage in the summer by starting lil late in the evenings...say around 6.30 to 8pm...
    Some of my friends are also interested and again....they dont get motivated....
    Hope we shall make this a success....soon....
    Cheers!
    Devi.

5. vidyarao

vidyarao Junior IL'ite

Hi devi,

I am very much interested in sports. Even i stay in ghusais and working. So we can start from any weekend. But the problem with me is i have to skip, if my husband and other friends plan something. we usually go out in evenings :(. But still i do want to participate in this. How about joining swimming classes? I am sure no one will miss the class coz of the amount paid. you will loose weight and by the end of the end u will be a great swimmer too.

Love,
    Vidya

6. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear Vidhya,
    Good to hear frm you. Yes....if you are interested we can start from next week also, that is on 17th or 18th (weekly twice). I do agree that we'll have some or the other programme on weekends and ofcourse cannot miss. We shall try to form a group so that even if one has outing on that day, the others will carry on with the schedule.
    And joining a swimming class is also a good idea, if possible try to find out a good one (which fits the budget too) and lemme know...
    I have to reduce atleast 10 kgs and wanted to get back to shape....only to fit into my favourite outfit.....
    Cheers..
    Devi.

7. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Devi !

If you are planning to organise some thing on the 25th June ( Friday) , Count me in !
    We could try Zabeel Park this time ! With a game of Badminton or Simple Jog or whatever as long as we burn few calories !

Cheers

8. vidyarao

vidyarao Junior IL'ite

Hey Devi!!

Yes i will try to get the details. Actually i am new to qusais. Before even i was staying in sharjah. some other girls can help us out :). Hope even you get some details within this week. Lets make it happen. And let's start even if we are 2 3 people.

If we choose outdoor games then there are more chances of skipping giving some reasons like tan, dust,humidity and so on :). I am sure swimming will make you very flexible and loose some extra pounds :)

Love,
    Vidya

9. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Hi Shivani,
    Glad that you'll be available on 25th and shall surely make some arrangements. I shall post the info on the same.

Cheers!
    Devi.

10. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear Vidhya,
    I came to know that there are some swimming classes going on in "Dubai Residential Oasis" next to Rak bank. And regarding the outdoor activity, I shall post the details in a couple of days. Join me if possible.
    We needn't have to worry abt tan (sunscreen lotion), dust (inside the park, its lil less) and heat (have to tolerate) because our timings will be from 6.30 to 8 pm which will be manageable.
    Cheers!
    Devi.