1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Splitsvilla - Where Is This Nation Heading To??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Bhargavi03, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Bhargavi03

Bhargavi03 Gold IL'ite

I feel the whole institution of marriage is faltered and misconstrued in the recent days. Marriage is an open commitment that 2 individuals involving 2 families keeping a whole bunch of people from their acquainted society as a witness for this commitment. I strongly accept that things those days were lot difficult for women as they were oppressed, suppressed by this patriarchal male dominating society which left them dependent and helpless. The situation has changed far better in the current days with more freedom and liberty of finance and individuality. Is this freedom abused at times with individuals getting more and more intolerant? I agree every individuals happiness in a marriage to them is subjective and purely private and no one gets married to get divorced but having said that in a generic and a wholistic view how do u define happiness in a marriage? Can any marriage be happy 100% all the times? Love, comprises and acceptance should be the binding factors.

With the moderation and larger influence of Western ideologies in the recent era I feel it may be lot easier to get into a live-in relationship and test the working model of their relationship rather than spend money, get married and undergo the mind harrowing hassles of the legal process in a divorce due to irreconcilable differences leading to a lot of emotional turmoil for the families too. Not sure if this may be accepted and approved by a large part of our Indian conservative families!

2. Bhargavi03

Bhargavi03 Gold IL'ite

Glad my one sided ideologies in the post has garnered a lot of attention and come out with multiple levels of perceptions and thought process quite radical albeit my faith projected in my post never meant to hurt or humiliate anyone's sentiments.