1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Splendors of Silence,

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by radsahana, Jan 23, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hey friends

Recently i read 2 books by the author name "Indra Sundresan"

1st - Splendors of Silence.

This is a very good book set in british era. Actually it is a love story, wherein the author tries to bring in background the environment in india at that time, the maharajas of princely state, the divide between whites and indians, she has done a fantastic job of weaving her words and bringing the picture of that ear.

2.nd Convent of Flowers -- short stories

By the same author, but contain short stories, also very good. i enjoyed reading it very much.

have a gr8 day

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010

2. swathiv

swathiv New IL'ite

I read Splendor of Silence around 2 years back. I liked the author's way of descirbing the story. Your book review about it made me remember that story again. Thanks for the post.
    Missed her novels these days, will try to pick up the second one that you have described above next time I get a chance.

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi swathi

thanks for the fb. Surely read the other one, it is good too

have a gr8 day.

4. doylesmith

doylesmith New IL'ite

The Splendor of Silence opens twenty-one years later with Olivia, Sam's daughter, receiving a trunk of treasures from India, along with a letter from an unknown narrator that finally fills all the silences of her childhood telling her the story of her parents' passionate and enduring love for each other that throws them in the path of racial prejudice, nationalist intrigue, and the explosive circumstances of a country and a society on the brink of independence from British rule.