1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Speak more or less with mother in law?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cheesecake, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

been marrIED 17 years...

1) i was my normal self before ---> they found issues all the time...while at my parents' place my parents always got compliments how well spoken their children are , my in-laws always thought that their DIL have no idea how to talk

2) so i stopped talking and would just smile to remain part of conversation --> my MIL had complaint that i donot mingle, she does not get any company etc

3) so now i talk what she likes to talk even that is repeated 1000 times., about her past, about her maid, about her neighbors and relatives...where i just have to ask 'how are they ' or what happened to thing you mentioned last time and she rolls on and thinks i m talking to her well....though i go in trance as she starts talking because i have heard it many times. I can just pick one word and figure out what she was talking and ask another questions so then she rolls on again. No topic where there is opnion giving is needed, no talks on my way of living or my past, my friends my family.....i keep my life private to her.... . I allocate time...after coming from work and after my son's classes, before cooking, i spend time with her to talk....after dinner and kitechen wrap up, i go to my room (i just recently made this change and I m glad i did, took lots of courage at my end) --> this is working better

4 people like this.
  2. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

you do not have to, really...

first your gals are learning from you to be diplomatic
    second now a days gals are very smart, they donot want inlaws to live with them - they are very clear before marriage only and tells the guys.... i think it is ok. I favor nuclear family...taking parents when they turn very old is approrpiate but before that it is not needed.....

1 person likes this.