1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soya -- Oj's Witless Brevity 7

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

@meenasankaran

Thank you meenasankaran. I liked the way you brought up the stream of consciousness idea. Enjoyed every bit of it. I was reminded of a story that I heard. A gentleman had wished another a simple "Good morning." The reply he got after a few moments of concentrated thinking was "Your father is a scoundrel!" It was the stream of consciousness that separated the wishing and the abuse. I can fill up the gap for you, but I leave it to your imagination. As I leave my stories to people's imagination. People have the freedom to understand my tales anyway they please.

Incidentally, sushi is served with wasabi (grated green Japanese horseradish) and soya sauce. So, I can see why you started off with green chutney. Wasabi is tasty but unbearably pungent if not consumed moderately. The Japanese usually mix a bit of wasabi with the soya sauce in a crucible and dip the sushi in the concoction as the consume it. I eat my sushi the same way. Unfortunately though, India is not exactly the right country to enjoy one's sushi, though I have tried it out once in a while. Fortunately though, I have eaten the best sushi in the world as well.

Going back to stream of consciousness, I am of course no Virginia Woolfe. I wish I could imitate her style. Right now though, I am more or less on my own, though I admit that I am strongly influenced by Lydia Davis.

If the universe started off as a dimensionless point and expanded to what it is now, why can't a drop of soya sauce create a mighty ocean of questions? Moreover, why should all questions have an answer. Asking a delightful question often constitutes more than half the game. And, I suppose I am trying to provoke people's minds to ask any question they wish to.

There is no sermon being delivered in my pages. I find sermons hugely boring.

Thanks for reading.

oj

kaniths likes this.