1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sow the seed of His icon and reap His mercy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subrabidha, Oct 5, 2010.

1. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

Eventually, we have found what the purpose of our life is. Happiness is a form in which the soul is soaked with peacefulness. Now, the question is, how to realize this goal. We are not saints, yogis, or scholars. We are mere ordinary people. Is it possible for us to achieve this goal?

Now, I want to share an inspiring, beautiful abhang of Sri Gnaneshwar maharaj.

Mavuli Gnaneshwar says,.
    “I have sown a seed of desire in my heart, thinking it would grow as a small plant. Nevertheless, instead of growing as a small tree, it grows taller and taller and even touches the sky. It thrives with branches. It starts budding also. Though I pluck the buds and throw away the flowers, I am unable to control its growth. What can I do? Is there any solution for me to reach the lotus feet of Lord?” Gneshwar maharaj says, “Do not worry. You told the truth. Therefore, you deserve to conquer God. Why are you throwing the flowers away? Instead, gather all, make a garland, and offer it to Sri Vittal.”

This is the essence of this abhang. This is about our thoughts. We are unable to control our thoughts. Instead of trying to drive away our thoughts, start thinks about Lord. Ponder on Him. Sow the seed of His icon and reap His mercy by adorning Him with His thoughts.

Jagadhguru Adishankara Bhagavadhpadha in his Shiva manasa pooja says,

आत्मा त्वम् गिरिजा मतिः सहचराः प्राणाः शरीरं गृहं
    पूजा ते विश्हयोपभोगरचना निद्रा समाधिस्थितिः .
    सज्ञ्चारः पदयोः प्रदक्षिनविधिः स्तोत्राणि सर्वा गिरो
    यद्यत्कर्म करोम् i तत्तदखिलं शम्भो तवाराधनम् .ह् .. 4

”You are my self; Paarvatii is my reason. My five praanaas are your attendants, my body is your house, and all the pleasures of my senses are objects to use for your worship. My sleep is your state of samaadhii. Wherever I walk I am walking around you, everything I say is in praise of you, and everything I do is in devotion to you, o benevolent lord!”

If we think in this manner, is it possible for us to do sin? From this, if we lead a life in accordance with God’s will, then what else we need to please Him. Chanting His name is enough.

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very nice...Do keep posting more like this... :)

3. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

4. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

very true. i love ur writings so much.

5. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your support.