1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Soups for 22months old kid

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by mickeymini, Dec 15, 2009.

1. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Hi i have a kid who is 22 months old. Iam thinking of giving him tomato soup but i dont know how to prepare it. Till now i have not given him any juices or soups etc. Liquid diet which he takes is only milk. And now should i grind the tomatoes stain it and boil it for sometime and then add little pepper and salt and give it to him? I dont know how to do soups for kids or is there anything to be added to this. I wold also like to tell you that we are pure vegetarians.Friends expecting your reply on this.....

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Mini;
    Since its for your 22 monthold, you can avoid pepper. What I would suggest is..Heat pan. Add ghee. Garlic chopped fine, ; jeera if you prefer; chopped onions; boiled carrot cubes; and chopped tomato's. Wait till tomatos becomes almost translucent. Switch off the gas. Once it is slightly cool; blend it fine. I don't think you need to strain. Add salt.
    -Nitha