1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry to board hog but i have another question for you girls :)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by makeupjunkie, Feb 3, 2013.

1. makeupjunkie

makeupjunkie New IL'ite

for those staying abroad ,if you have a long vacation say 3 months &you want to stay with your family a little longer than dh 's family(with an indirectly troublemaking but sweet to face mil) what would you do?
    i have my only sister's marriage coming up for which we are all so excited& my parents are so eagerly waiting for my 2year old babygirl to be with them :)(their world seems to be roaming around my baby right now :)
    noone is enthusiastic about my daughter at dh's house and only when dh is around they act like they love her otherwise nada !
    this is not the case when their daughters kids arrive ,things are kind of festive there :)
    anyways what would you do in such a situation?
    Thanks in advance!!

2. Newilite123

Newilite123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,marriage takes precedence over everything...so Ofcourse you would want to stay with your family and spend time with your sis....don't inform your mil before hand or ask for permission....she will start preparing for it from now itself,instead just keep showing how excited you are about the wedding...keep mentioning about it when u talk to her , like how you have planned to help your sis , how she has planned to take you for shopping and how good u feel about being together as a family before she goes off to her husbands place etc...keep saying this to your mil and DH so that they understand that the focus of your trip is the marriage...that way when u goto India,you can spend more time with your family giving reasons like shopping,gift selection etc etc...
    Believe me my SIL did this with great success to her mil and I saw how she spend ALL the time with us in the name of her brother(and my) wedding. But I informed before hand about a function to my mil after my marriage during an India trip and it gave. my mil ample time to work out things against me and she made sure I dint spend time with my family ! I am saying this from experience :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. makeupjunkie

makeupjunkie New IL'ite

Thanks Newilite123 for ur reply. I am planning to do the same but the thing is i am going in May and the marriage is in the last week of May. i have two long months ahead of me after May & im tensed now itself about that.

4. galwidpassion

galwidpassion Silver IL'ite

Don't inform your MIL before hand. She will dfntly plan something during that time which will limit your time in your parents house. So just go to ur parents home and stay as long as you want. then come to your MIL house.

5. makeupjunkie

makeupjunkie New IL'ite

my guess is that she has already made plans ,its just wait n watch for me now:)