1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Something is pushing me..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

While thinking about this title , first thing came to my mind, is this song,
    "thallu model vandi idhu, thalli vidunga..' (this is a push-up model car, push it..) maybe it indirectly meant the aging body..:spin..
    This dawned upon me just now, is it because I am aging or I am too much concerned about my weight...:drowning
    If you notice that whenever and wherever the pushing occurs, 'gain' is the main factor behind it.
    For eg., we often hear that in the stock market, some guys are 'pushing up' the price of a certain share/stock to make gains for themselves. :rant
    It is at the expense of others..which shows that they are being 'pushed out' of gains.:-(

When 'Get in shape 2010' New Year contest was announced in IL, I went in to check my BMI..I found out that I am overweight by 6.6 pounnnnnnds but when saw in kgs. it is only 3kgs.. I thought, ok, let me see the 'half-full' glass way and act upon to come into terms with normal weight. :exactly:

In this field of reducing the weight, this 'overweight' phenomena is pushing us to 'lose it' in order to 'gain' the normal weight..what do you say!

Am I pushing you all to give the fbs..:hide:

sriniketan

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

This year I am getting the chance to give first fb to many people. So I am here to give you also the first fb I think. Whether you push or not you always get good fbs since your posts are thought provoking, different and humorous too.

I dont have the problem of over weight as I have always been thin and only after I retired I put on weight that too not much and now I have reduced as I take care of Gopika and go everyday to see Pratima. Now from today we will be at home in the morning as my daughter has started going to office,still I went to her house to help her before going to office

sorry for boring with you the first fb

love
    viji

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini,
    As usual you have brought out a thought provoking post with a touch of humor.
    Our greatest growth in life comes from pushing through our present comfort zone..Pushing through to leave your comfort zone is hard work. Nature demonstrates that graphically for us. The chick pecking it's way out of the shell, the butterfly struggling from it's cocoon, illustrate how that struggle is necessary in order to bring life, growth and success.However there is also the possibility that once we have pushed through our comfort zone into a new place of growth, we rest too long there, and create a different comfort zone!
    Let's keep pushing through and moving forward towards growing our uniqueness and living our life fully.However, regarding " pushing the weight down" I simply fallow my theory" to look slim":)
    with love
    pad

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

You are now pushing this fat fellow called kamal to puush himself more to lose weight.

but here when we lose, nobody else gains by our loss.So said , nahin !

I am close to 100 kgs, just 1 kg away, maybe alredy crossed uit.See when a cricketer makes a 100, he is so happy, but look at me, i am not happy:biglaugh

HAHA

And this is one thing, that is my wieght, i am willing to donate fro free to anyone who is interested, and for free , see how generous i am.

so anybody interested to gain from me, pls let me know:rotfl:rotfl

Regards

kamal

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sri
    Now i need to push a bit to get a pull. Actually nothing is pushing me except my sleep.
    I don't want to talk abt weight this will pull me down.

But must admit you confuse me alot.(kunjam mandha buddhi)
    Jaya

6. Sriniketan

Viji,
    Thank you for those sweet words.
    . See, your enthu is pushing you to do that..:)
    You are one lucky person...I am usually on the normal weight side..but some 10 years back, I looked like a skeleton...you should believe this.
    Maybe inclination to put on more weight, landed me in this trouble..:bonk

You are not boring with your fbs..I am happy you are here.

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Padmini ma'am,
    You had brought out beautifully through the examples of nature, of how pushing lands us in a different comfort zone, which is necessary for the growth and future..
    Regarding the technique you use to look slim, it doesn't work here..as all in our family is underweight, to them , I am reallllly overweight..:biglaugh

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

Kamalji,
    What a noble thought you have :clap
    Numbers give different perceptions in different fields..you are looking at the wrong field..:)
    we are interested to gain knowledge, sense of humour from you and not the weight..:spin:biglaugh

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

Oh no Jaya, maybe I wrote this before going to sleep..:biglaughor maybe this 'weight-issue' is confusing me a lot..

sriniketan

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Big B,

Neega push pannello illiyo fb kku I am not sure but I came to give my fb seeing the song thallu model vandi acted by my favourite kannada actor Vishnu Vardhan who passed away 10 days back at the age of 59yrs.

Neega dhan ippadi ellam kalakka mudiyum B...weight losing is ever losing battle for me adhunala no comments on the same.