1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Something happened today!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priya g, Feb 19, 2010.

1. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Tx for cautioning me shilpma...you are right! Some male chauvists in the team might make it an HR issue. I will be on guard regarding this as well!

2. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Its sad but we have to accept the fact that there are many MCPs around (Not only in India). Iam sure they inherit their views about women from thier parents. And these people will pass on their views to their children in a similar fashion.

Its a waste to argue with them about equal rights or whatever as they can never understand.

I just pity their wives. I pray "God should give them only daughters, and that too very very able daughters who can teach their fathers a lesson".

Sirisha

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priya, the problem is when men start expecting women, especially their wives to be modern, educated and working and at the same time, as soon as she reaches home, she has to turn immediately to typical 1950's women.
    It doesn't occur to some men that the combination is not completely possible, doesn't occur that she must be working as hard as he is at office and its OK to wash dishes/cloths etc to make her life easier at home.

4. harryboy1234

harryboy1234 New IL'ite

He is a chauvinist.most men like to boast their ego in front of colleagues.those very men cook and clean in the house . But they boast thay are the king of the house. You must have seen in movies too. Dnt get saddened up. Take it a lighter vain girl.:)
    unless you met a real ass

5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Ofcourse theirs nothing wrong in washing his own clothes.
    I always feel Mom's should train their boys in doing such chores so they wont feel it weird when they are doing it for their wives.

I usually wash his clothes once a week and I happily do it because he is busy in his office while I am a home maker, we have our washing machine in the terrace of our house ( we have constructed a separate room for Laundry) and I mostly wash all our clothes during weekends that to late in the evening, so my DH comes over there to chat with me (this is a routine) and sometimes help me to dry the clothes, once his mom saw this and commented " have you ever did all this in your younger days, I brought you like a prince, how things changes once a wife arrives"

That is enough for him to leave the place at once, No guts to answer back his silly mom. This is Indian mentality hope the present generation mom's bring changes in our tradition.

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Blessed its same scenario with me.
    My MIL broods 60% of her day on how FIL frustrated her, made her slog, never helped her in any daily chore, how she had to bring up 2 children single handidly (when she was in same city as mother).
    How much he howled over her for making only pongal contiuously for 3 yrs until the 2nd child was born.... bow bow bow :rant

Still she fails to realise what a replica she's left in this house in form of my DH.. he wont even move a spoon.. whilst my FIL used to cut veggies when I was visiting hospital for my son post deliv and only then she would cook the food..... LIAR LIAR LIAR :bowdown!!!!

7. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

I like men who treat women as equals...no less, no more! I guess I like IL 'coz you all feel the same..good to be in a group that know how to tackle men and nasty MILs as well.
    And an update- the men who used to snigger at me "nari mukti" and all that at least are avoiding talking negatively about their women and other women in general (atleast in my presence). So, some impact there!

8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Clearly some guys who are supposedly literate/ educated are utterly un-liberated and uncool. If confronted, they will certainly turn it around on us asking if we didn't have a sense of humour to enjoy their "joke"!

A few years ago, my DH and I were working outside India in the same office. We would buy our lunch in the office canteen there. Once, there were a couple of Indian bachelor guys joined us at our table. One of the guys said loudly to DH with a stupid grin on his face - "What man, you are married but still you have to only buy your food?" My first reaction was anger at his implication. I quite badly wanted to punch that idiot in the face. Thankfully my sense of humour came back to me at that moment and without missing a beat, I looked at my husband and said rather sarcastically, "Right! Shame on you! You really must wake up earlier so you can cook."
    Everyone around laughed and our MCP joker asked, "You don't cook for your husband in the morning?" I simply replied, "I don't cook for myself. Why would I for him?" Fellow looked stunned at my flippancy and didn't talk to us till the end of lunch.

Though I was seething inside, I was glad I didn't enter into an argument because, there is nothing I can say that could have enlightened him!! An argument would've only been a waste of time... God save the girls from guys like him!!

9. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite

Do not cook at home let see the impacts hahahahhahaha

10. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Ha ha good answer guesshoo...and we can always try the smart trick goodfriend! You see, I like this iste just because once I visit this and read the beautiful thoughts , I get all gunged up and brave to face the day!