1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

something cannot be shared with someone in the family

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by coolcool, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Re: something cannot be shared with someone!

Hi Dear ILites,
    For me my hubby is the only person who knows every tit-bit of my life and I feel great about it that at least I have one person with me with whom I can share anything.
    Again, it depends on your understanding with your spouse. Ex, when you say that you miss your parents, then add just one line for your husband that he must be feeling the same about his parents, you will see the difference then. He will open all his nostalgic feelings to you and this will be easier for you to speak about your feelings.
    I feel that if a person has least secrete about his life, then that person will be the most happiest in life. And for me, my spouse is the person and I never regreted telling him anything even about my family or about his family.
    So, its upto you that how you present your words in front of the listener that matters most than choosing what to say and what to hide from different groups like parents, In-Laws/siblings or spouse.
    I think its worth taking some time to frame our vocab rather than excercising our brain to find the suitable candidate to speak up.
    I have not much experience about thses life and society as a whole but I feel this is the way for me, so please don't mind if sth is wrong in my words.
    Bye and take care all.
    Meeta

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
    9 people like this.
  2. reeja

reeja New IL'ite

Hi,
    I feel Meeta has spoken for me too. Always don't try to look from our side, at least sometimes we've to shift the position and look from their side . we need to use some tactics to win their hearts. For example, the initial days of my marriage, I used to face li'l problems.Whenever he asked me to do something, he expected me to do that. It irritated me, b'se I had my own views. Then once he told me, ''if I ask you something, don't say blunt no.This hurts my male ego. You can say yes, then after sometimes you can explain your stand, i'll leave it you.'' I felt funny but I understood him well.
    So, try to change your overlook, you'll be happy.
    Best regards,
    Reeja

1 person likes this.
  3. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Ya its true that something cannot be shared with someone, even if that someone is our betterhalf or the mother who has given birth to us.

But then i feel it is good. There has to be some part which should be just for ourself. If all can read us like a book. Then we are just a common person. And who likes to be common. We want to b a special someone. Don't we.

Diana :2thumbsup: