1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some of the nicest memories of my brothers and me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 15, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rakhi is coming next month which brought me happy memories of my brother. In South Indians we dont celebrate Rakhi but we celebrate Karthi which is also in lieu of brother and sister relationship. That day a sister lights the diya for the health of her brothers and wishes them good health. Brother also gives her a gift in token of his love. But seeing others celebrating Rakhi I have also started celebrating since few years by sending Rakhi greetings and Rakhi to my brothers. Though my brothers are in the same city sometimes I am not able to go and tie the Rakhi to them. That time I send them greetings.

Thinking of my brothers brings me old memories when we used to have so much fun when none of us were married. It reminds me of the fun of growing up with them, the good times we had , the many things we shared and every memory warms my heart and adds to my pleasure in wishing them all the best always.

I think God made brothers to make us happy and make the ordinary days happy days. Brother is a person on whom we can depend and when God made a brother he made a special friend.

My elder brother could not be with us before marriage for much time as he used to be in my aunt's place and then later he got married and had to go to a different city. My second brother was with us and we, my two brothers, sister and me used to have a lovely time. I treasure those memories in which my brothers played a part and whenever I think of them, warm feelings fill myheart , because its meant so much to me to have someone like my brothers who have been wonderful and such a good friend too.

I wish you all a Happy Rakhi and all brothers all the best and good health

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

It is really special to have brothers to whom you are attached and vice versa. Even luckier are the ones whose brothers' affections remain unchanged even after getting married.

Am glad to know about the lovely bonds you shared with your siblings.

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Lucky Viji who has brothers. I don't have blood brothers, but adopted couple off them when I was 16. We celebrate Karhikai, but Rahki has more meaning and colorful because of Hindi movies.

I am glad to hear that you have great brothers and very good memories of childhood. hat about your elder brother? Do you still have contact with him? We should start something like that with women only. Adopt sisters and daughters and celebrate that day like Rakhi. May be the day should be the day you have started "Coffee Mornings". What do you think? Let me know.

Good day.
    CL

1 person likes this.
  4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Happy Rakhi !!
    You are right amma in sharing information about our Karthigai festival.
    My brother too comes home and gives me either cash or in kind and I should really appreciate my SIL for following customs and traditions in this modern age too !!

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear yes dear it is special to have brothers to whom we areattached and glad that I have loving brothers who are caring also. Thanks for your visit here.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

CL dear glad to know you have adopted brothers and that you celebrate karthi and rakhi.

My elder brother is now here only and we meet each other. Before marriage when I was young he was not with us.

? We should start something like that with women only. Adopt sisters and daughters and celebrate that day like Rakhi. May be the day should be the day you have started "Coffee Mornings". What do you think? Let me know.

Nice idea

Good day.
    CL[/QUOTE]

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear glad to know that yur brother too comes home and gives you cash or in kind .Nice to hear about your sis in law. !!