1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some funny/strange things we did when in love before marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sowmyasridhar, Aug 28, 2009.

1. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

For all the network errors with sify, I could not login to IL for the past 2 days :-(...... so, missed this grt news for 2 days...

Thats true, he would have spent extra efforts..

I have a feeling like we people today spend long nights chatting in mobile, going to outing, txt messages etc etc.....it is mostly like a day to day events sharing, about friends, relatives and what not. But in this fast world, that too many of us are both working, we really dont find time to sit, think, feel to depth...It is my personal opinion...

On a reverse thought, going back in a time machine to live in your period....I wish I have a letter like this from my DH...

Something very difficult to acheive always has rewards close to your heart

2. sowmyasridhar

Hi Preethi,

:biglaugh..Still laughing ....

3. Praj3080

Praj3080 New IL'ite

Hello Sowmya,
    This is an amazing thread you have initiated. Its so much fun to read all the loving and funny stories out here... :biglaugh
    I am single but commited so i can imagine what kindda fun you all must have had before your marriages. I am in that golden stage of courtship/dating and have got inspired a lot after reading these posts here ...
    The most appealing thing about all these posts is that all the experiences are real and directly from the heart...
    I wish all the best to all the married ladies for their future journey with their partners :thumbsup

4. Amarpreetkochar

Amarpreetkochar Junior IL'ite

Hi,

My hubby and me were in the same college back in India. I used to give blank calls to him everyday after I came home from college. One day he indirectly hinted that he was getting a lot of blank calls from a particular area where I actually stayed ,then he said that he had a caller Identification system. I immediately shouted that it was not me. Although he was talking to his friend................And everyone started laughing:rotfl. In reality he did not have a caller identification system:bonk.He was just trying to catch me:)He still keeps on pulling my legs on that:biglaugh.

Cheers:cheers
    Amarpreet

3 people like this.
  5. sowmyasridhar

Hi Amarpreet,

:biglaughvery funny.......we used to say in tamil as "enga appa kuthir kulla illai" to translate " My dad is not in the bush" (grt translation :))

1 person likes this.
  6. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

What is kuthir ???????

Is it bush???? podhar is bush right.

We say "enga appa kuthil kulla illai"

kuthil means a large pot which were used in olden days to store cereals and pulses.

No offence.Correct me if I am wrong.

7. sowmyasridhar

Preetina,
    You got me...I know some one is going to get me on my grt transalation:bonk..

Bush is a wrong translation..But "kuthir" is as you said it is a place where we store things like rice or any cereals in large amounts...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  8. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Hi PreethiArun, Am still laughing hard imagining the Ummmaaahhhh sound in Yahoo environment... My gosh, what thought my mom would have got if she ever heard that :biglaugh... :rant:biglaugh

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  9. Anug

Anug New IL'ite

Thanks for initiating this thread. And it is my first post, though Im the ILite for long days.
    I was here working in MN and he was in WA. 2 hours of time difference. I will call him around 4Pm while returning from work and this call ends up around 2am in the night(12am for him). We discovered that for every 4 hour the connection will automatically disconnect.So next second he calls me, I just hang the earphone and use to roam around the jim, cooking, peeing...(ofcourse in mute)....weekends fly to his place.......never ever reveal anything to parents......once said to my MIL that I forgot his face.:biglaugh....so they gave us permission to come together to INDIA(we booked ticket in the same flight and we flied back to India to get married that was so thrilling....) and acted as if I have never seen him before:)....Ours is sort of arranged....means his proposal came through a common relative and our parents exchanged both of our numbers....so we crossed 16000 minutes in a month....thats funny..I still do not know wot we talked about.....:biglaughStill we use to think those days and laugh at ourselves.....

1 person likes this.
  10. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Thank God you did not take me in the wrong sense.

Even I didnot know wheather I am correct.

I studied tamil out of my own interest.Didnt have as a subject.

thanks sowmya.