Solah Somvar - One quick question

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by shi123, Jan 8, 2013.

1. shi123

shi123 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have just started my solah somvar. I fasted all day and in the evening i went to shiv temple. But I consumed the prasad offered in the temple which has salt. Can we consume the prasad offered in the temple (which has salt). By consuming this prasad is our fast broken??

Please advice if we can avoid taking such prasad and be strictly saltless on the day.

In the evening I took roti with no salt. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    Actually for Shivji ka somvar vrat we shouldnt take any salt in any form.. you should avoid eating salted prasad too as i have heard in my place. If we are living in family then we take prasad and give it to other members or keep in fridge have it next day. But i am sure in north we cant take salt on the fasting day, not even temple prasad.

3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Well ideally no salt should be taken but if you ate some salt in prashad then don't worry , next time be a little cautious. Try to avoid salt and keep that Prasad for next day.
    My friend did solah so var n would sometimes eat chocolate and have soft drinks both of which I thought were prohibited but then she got a nice guy as a dh who is very funny n pulls her leg, she jokes that since she did not eat too much sweets on Monday fast lord shiv gave her a khatta dh:)

4. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame