1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So it is Christmas.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamla, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

I was surprised to see your post in snippets and I was conveying the same to my team mate Divya (divyaganesan here).
    It is always a pleasure reading yours.:)

But now I realise I need to give same pinch to Mindi:biglaugh

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Super Mod
    How did Kamalji become Kamla?? This was my problem for a second or two...and so now we get to read about your different christmans experiences. Nice! Hope you have the tree this year too and of course with grandkids around I am sure there are gifts sitting already under the tree and waiting to be opened. Good to have this old thread wake up.

Merry Christmas to you and family.

3. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla,
    [JUSTIFY]
    Im very suprised to see your post.I thought you have joined with Aruna.Its good to see your previous post that poped in at the right time.Yes xmas has many found memories.Playing chrisma -chirschild with classmates,decorating the x-mas tree,tiny stars that twinkled just like us,christmas carols that soothed our ears in the midnight,decorated crib that fasinated us all revolve around our memories for ages.Your post have taken to my childhood fantasies:)
    [/JUSTIFY]

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

Rare to see yr post, and nice to see u post, and this was one lovely one.Took me down memory lane when in our convent school we used tos ee christmas tree, the church , and i usedt o be jelous of the christians who had this festival and we did not.HAHA

And u do pooja eh on Christmas eve, wow, tht is good.Does christ understand yr language in which u do pooja, do ask him and let me know please.HAHA

Regards

kamal

5. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Very detailed and nice writeup Kamla. :thumbsup

Thanks a lot for posting the link in smriti's thread.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to one and all.

@kamalji, the feeling (jealousy) is mutual. We used to be feel so during Hindu festivals. So we had crackers and lots of sweets during Diwali and sugarcane and sweet pongal during pongal.

When it comes to festivals, the more the merrier. :)

2 people like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anita
    I get to post a feedback to our super moderator Kamla's snippet.
    What a classic post!
    So nice to read about your experiences in Europe Kamla. Christmas day was the biggest disappointment for me when I first moved to the US. Having attended a Christian school and having heard all the Christmas carolers in Chennai I was anticipating much more here. During the days leading to Christmas I used to wonder if I could fit all the carolers in my home inviting them for hot chocolate and cookies (All from the books I read). To my dismay nothing happened.

Deciding to overcome our disappointment we took the adage, "Christmas is not just a day, it is state of the mind" to heart and decided to celebrate it our way. We put up a Christmas tree, and lights outside and inside our home.
    Every Christmas day it is Pongal -vadai - payasam in the morning offered to Lord Ganesha.
    Wishing you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS, Happy Hanukah, and a delightful Margazhi. May there be peace on earth and in our hearts.

2 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

What a delightful write-up. Brought back memories of the one winter spent in Germany. You didn't mention the Gluehwein though. Got to taste that everywhere in the homes of people I visited (friends and relatives of my hosts). Was really fascinated with a wine which was served warm!

Oh, it would be so wonderful to visit the west again during Christmas celebrations!