snakes in dreams

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by simply_doubtful, Aug 20, 2013.

1. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I had a dream last night in that few snakes are following me and one even caught hold of me. in my dream itself i prayed to goddess gayatri devi and said her mantra. the instant i said the mantra the snake left me alone and vanished. what should i do. please help me.
    Hansika

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Simply_Doubtful sister,

It is a sign that you should be chanting Gayathri mantra continuously and all your problems will vanish, May Baba guide you always, Sairam

1 person likes this.
  3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

When I narrated such dreams to someone, I was told that I have Sarpa Dosha...:(

4. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi ,

I tot only I was weird to get such dreams.
    This comforts me.
    I am also getting snake dreams,I used to get scared.
    But now it seems like I saw a big cobra move slyly, although this time I dint get scared.
    But kind off feel not good.It din't catch me or anything.

Googled and few say its good it denoted some changes we are not able to follow.
    Few say it represents some one sly in your fly.
    Don't know what to believe and what not.
    Any info will be good.

5. Saisakthi

Dear ssm014 Sister,

It depends on the sequence of the dream, in her case she recited Gaythri mantra and worshipped Goddess, hence it was suggested that way.

Hope things are smooth at your end, Are you in Pune still? Guess Double bundle of joy is keeping you on your toes.

Enjoy your motherhood and really a sigh of relief after a long wait, Thanks to Baba for his blessings on your family, Take Care, SAIRAM

6. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your comforting words. I was so scared that day. when i told my hubby about the dream. he told me to offer milk or better to offer silver snake idol to a temple.
    Hansika

7. Saisakthi

Dear Simply_doubtful Sister,

Your Dh's explanation is in a right, but if you had not recited Gayathri mantra (in your dream) that could be followed and as you chanted the mantra the hold of the negativity got released (that is snake went away) hence it implies that all through your life Gayathri mantra is going to save you from calamities (if any )

May Baba guide you always, Sairam

8. imeandmyself

imeandmyself Bronze IL'ite

simply doubtful :
    long back i used to have those kind of dreams regularly , i just offered some milk at a snake anthill and lit a diya and prayed , i did this for twice only then i hadnt got those kind of dreams anymore

I Heard manytime that women shouldnt chant gayatri mantra ?? please someone enlighten me with the exact truth

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

My MIL told me that once her own MIL told her that it is auspicious to see a snake in dreams.

and as for the Gayatri Mantra...have never heard of women not supposed to chant. In fact in our community temple a couple of months ago, there was a non-stop 12-hour chanting of the Gayatri Mantra and all the family members were asked to participate.