Smile pls

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by anumanoj, Apr 26, 2009.

1. anumanoj

anumanoj New IL'ite

Hey guys...sorry, ladies...
    Have u ever noticed...It is very difficult to get people smiling at you in UAE. Be it in lift, or at mall, i have felt in this 10 years of UAE living, that people generally dont smile at you...for no reason... Of course, many a times, I have also met very friendly ladies, which finally ends up as marketing for home based beauty parlour or bedsheet sales etc... ( Probably thats the reason why the less enterprising ones are scared to smile for 'just friendly' sake?)

So, pls if you are one of those selling ladies, pls dont misuse the beautiful, pure and spontaneous thing called smile...
    And if you are the hesitant one...c'mon let go...just by letting a sweet smile escape thro your lips, you are not going to lose much..

Many a times, I see in the lift, people living in the same building...during the journey, deciding whether to smile or not..thereby ending up in a half confused smile.. U will wonder how to respond???

So folks, next time u see a stranger also..just smile...Khulke jeeyo, haso... means smile without inhibitions and judgment..After all, it makes the world a better place!

Another reason to smile...It improves your face value...U definitely look prettier when you smile!! Is it not...Go ahead..SMILE:)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009

2. Friendly1

Friendly1 New IL'ite

Very True Anu,

People hardly smile here!! I would say i belong to the group which is not consistent in the smile but does smile. Many a times i smile and then get a forced smile or the "confused smile" like you mention in return. Having tried it a couple of times with the same persons, i feel..... what the heck why shud i be the one to give the first smile each time :)

But yes it does increase the face value......and i shall keep trying!!

Regards,
    Lee

3. dharathi

dharathi Junior IL'ite

hai Anu
    what u have said is right. if we smile they struggle to smile they think that we are smiling to ask for something .But i used to smile when i meet ladies near my apartment so slowly here i have few friends .but some ladies if i smile they stare at me and pass away.i take it easy.The more we smile the young we look.
    regards
    dorathy

4. anumanoj

anumanoj New IL'ite

Kudos Lee and dorothy... Lets start it...Iam sure many will envy your beautiful smile.......

5. deejan

deejan Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu

When I first saw u immediately I got a feeling, Yes, I have got a friendly person only from ur cute smile, urs came as a flash and was very beautiful, I really admired it. And whenever I see Sanju smile my heart really fills, it has cute innocence in it. When smile does make ur heart and mind fill with delight why not we spread it to the world. The more u smile the longer u live in this Happy World, I will also do my part to spread its fragrance to all.

Janani

6. anumanoj

anumanoj New IL'ite

Thanks Janani...That was very motivating...In fact, I have noticed that all people look better when they smile..! Dunno about long life etc.. but better life.....for sure.