1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Small, small desires (chinna chinna aasaigal)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 1, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I thank God for bringing me into this wonderful world. But I came into this world with so many desires. Some were fulfilled and some were not . But still I never complained because I am happy with what I have. In life we dont get everything we want.

But when some aasaigal(desires) are not fulfilled I get depressed. For others it may not be so interesting if I tell what the desire is.

We should have a great heart to appreciate others. I haveusually experienced that those who are experts dont appreciate so fast. I dont mean all experts but someexperts. They appreciate the ones who have been always been experts. They dont appreciate those who did not know in the beginning and later learnt it.

Now let me come to the point. There is a relative who does not appreciate me so easily. Since his dil was pregnant I took Chole, Sambhar and Simla Mirch and Potato gravy for his dil. When I went there he was not at home. Later when he phoned I asked him did you have the items I sent. He said no I am having cold so did not have just had little of simla mirch and potato veg. But he did not say how it was. I knew that he is not going to appreciate because he himself is a great cook. But felt hurt that he did not say anything about what I sent.

My chinna chinna aasaigal(small small desires) is I feel happy when someone appreciates me. Is that wrong.

1 person likes this.

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Dont worry abt it,Viji...
    One need not be an expert to appreciate food prepared with love...One only needs a large heart!
    Here you have hordes of large hearted friends ever ready to pat your back!!!

2 people like this.
  3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,
    oh.. You have so many friends here who appreciate you so much...
    I have not tasted food prepared by you but surely looking forward to one day...
    We all know you are such a sweet person.. so dont worry at all

1 person likes this.
  4. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

there is nothing wrong in what u felt.. i read a book in which it said, among the biggest hungers in humans, is the need to be appreciated.
    We all yearn for it.. from our family, boss, kids..
    but important thing is to do a self-check and see are we appreciating the small acts of others..
    do we take it for granted when our hubby or kids or relatives do something for us.. or do we say an artificial thanks or do we appreciate it whole heartedly? Similarly, when one lady wears nice jewelry or dress do we appreciate it? or feel jealous?

2 people like this.
  5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

A lot of us appreciate you in this forum, Aunty. I am sure that your cooking will put most of the best chefs to shame. On a lighter note..does that relative appreciate his dil in the first place? I have a suggestion to deal with such people...
    Go to his house, have food prepared by him to your hearts content, and appreciate him nicely!

Both of you will be happy in that way.

1 person likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,
    What you say is right we all expect appreciation from others but if the person is sensible she/he will notice and appreciate...Pls dont lose heart God will witness each of your actions so continue to do good things our Lord will show His appreciation in some way to you and one way is he has brought you to IL here there are many ILites here who appreciate without expectations for you have very sweet nature....

1 person likes this.
  7. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vijima, yeah you are right..everybody likes in one way or other to be appreciated :) And we have lots of cheergirls and motivators in IL to apprediate :)
    You are very sweet to cook for a preganant girl...i still do remember my not so known neighbours made me sweets and fruits when they came to know that i was pregnant :)

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shaka dear thanks dear for your loving words.

Here you have hordes of large hearted friends ever ready to pat your back!!![/QUOTE]

I am blessed dear to have large hearted friends

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Vidya dear thanks for your loving words. Ya I am also lookin gforward to meet you

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Success dear I also whenever possible try to appreciate others.

do we take it for granted when our hubby or kids or relatives do something for us.. or do we say an artificial thanks or do we appreciate it whole heartedly? Similarly, when one lady wears nice jewelry or dress do we appreciate it? or feel jealous?[/QUOTE]

You are right