1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Slow, But Steady

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kiran1, Dec 27, 2010.

1. kiran1

kiran1 New IL'ite

Recently I purchased a mini step machine and a recumbent stationary bike for home use. This is my way of getting out any excuse to work out. And while I have not used them every single moment I am home, I have used them a good amount. So, at the very least I know I am doing something to get into better health.

At the same time, I have started to track my calories. It is a bit of a pain - especially when you don't know how many calories are in something. But my downloaded iphone app called "loseit" is helping by at least coming up with educated guesses about calorie count of food.

I have set the loseit application to allow me to lose about 2 lb per month. Now, it may not sound like very much, but every day is truly a struggle to stay within the calorie count. At the same time, I am impatient and want to lose 10 lb in a month and really get motivated by my progress for the remaining weight.

I have to remember to slow down. Slow but steady wins the race. And this is only a race with myself.

2. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

you are doing well

eat moderately at regular intervals
    that will kill your hunger pangs

cheers
    suresh

3. kiran1

kiran1 New IL'ite

Great advice, freethoughts. I will definitely try and put it into practice. Thank you!

Thanks for the tip, Suresh. It's easy to want to skip meals, but you are right it will hurt overall. Thanks!