1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Slice of Life - Lessons we learn to improve our relationships...A review.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subbutr, Sep 9, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

All our life taught us enough lessons still the level of tolerance & patience are to be improved, if we introspect ourselves on many occassions, we can find ourselves missed that qualities when we dealt with our parents, grand parents etc.,

To say it with my personal experiances, it will be more meaningful.
    When our family members planned to go on pilgrimage to various temples around Trichy, Tanjore, Kumbakonam, Mayavaram, Chidambaram, Vaideeswaran Koil, Tirunageswaram, Thirukkadayur, Tirunallar, Suryanar temple and surrounding places.

It was decided to take train from Coimbatore to Trichy and then other places by bus or other conveyances according to availability.

My Mother, Father, Sisters, Brothers, Uncle were to accompany us as we live in a joint family. I thought to give them a surprise by arranging a Tempo Traveller 15 seater Van and booked it.

The family members were ready to start the tour and was asking me did I booked the tickets for the train, then I said, no...some other comfortable travel facilities organized, every one was assuming different views.

Then the Tempo Traveler Driver came to the house and said Sir, Van is ready and when shall we start.

My parents were asking me as is it economical, how much it may cost, I said donot worry about the money, we are going and having the good darshan at all temples comfortably.

The trip was more pleasurable and unforgettable experiance to be cherished any time.

We were able to save time, enough rest at night in hotels, continue journey and able to see many temples on the way as well as visited some of the relatives at their places.

I could see their happiness and the comfort and my father was pestering me, saying why do you spend so much for the trip, we could have saved it by travelling in the bus & train.

I said, dad you gave us all the comforts when we were born, study and to settle in life and our turn to see that you all in the family are comfortable.

Money can be earned any time , but not the joy of spending with family on such occassions.

The reason of why I write this blog is that often we forget the difficult periods our parents would have experianced during upbringing us by spending so much money, time, energy and their own comforts for the sake of us.

What ever we ask during our childhood / collage days, they were able to manage, provide enough luxuary to the maximum extent.

At the same time they have not expected any thing in return.

A selfless sacrifices indeed is the one they all know, to see that their wards are secured and well educated to settle down in the Life.

Many times those same kids when grown forget all these and see their own comforts by living seperatly, buy all luxuaries and leaving the aged parents at their mercy.

Why all these ???

We should remember for ever their selfless sacrifices and see that they at their old age be comfortable and to find the true happiness of how their childrens take care of the elders.

Imagine those olden days the salary, comforts and work loads, they took all pains to see that what ever we want, without any hesitations by providing it at the same time unable to meet the ends.

Only in our country, we have all these happiness of joint families, traditions of respecting parents & elders.

Let us maintain it by our love and compassion to the parents and elders.

Open for corrections and comments

Subbu

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi subbu sir,

Very true.. and we have experienced what you have been writing here...

My husband always says... what is money worth...if it cannot put a ray of happiness in the face of my parents,kids and family and wife....

3. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you for the kind comments our elite member shanthiji,

It's true that one has to experiance the warmth relationships with deep respects & dedicated service to family.

subbu

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

I agree with you, Every time we go to our family deity in Komal, near Mayavaram, we take a Vehicle and go as a joint family....

It is always a pleasent experience, when the number of people is more... We have a gala time....:2thumbsup:

Veda

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear veda for the endorsements on how we can enhance the relationships when plan things with the family and travel...those pleasurable experiances are to be experianced and not by others say.

Subbu