1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping position

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Padminiramesh, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

DS is not sleeping properly for the past one week. Almost all nights are sleepless (both for me and DS). The only way he is sleeping is lying on my chest. I make him lye on my chest upside down (his tummy over my tummy) and he is fine sleeping in that pattern. But when i transfer him from my chest to bed, he is getting up and back to square one. This is really worrying me. And his day time naps are also not more than 30 minutes/session. I am really very low after this. I hardly slept in the last few days, which intern affected my health and now facing low supply.
    Please help me in this.

2. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

Even my son used to be like that at 2-2.5 months of age. Only sleep well when we make him lie on his tummy on our chest/tummy. Since I had a C section, I couldn't do it, so my mom or DH would help him sleep that way. Suddenly one find day he grew out of it and literally hated sleeping that way! No idea why!

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, if you sure he isnt uncomfortable about anything then theres not much you can do about it.... really. we have had our ups and downs as far as sleep patterns were concerned..... so hang in there... he will change even before you notice! hugs!

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Padmini - Hugs .... i have been there.
    DD used to do the same ... she will sleep on my shoulder and chest only .... but now that she rolls over .... she sleeps on her stomach ALWAYS.... I put her to bed and she rolls over. May be it is the position he is comfortable with.
    Has he started to roll over ?

5. sreyaallari

sreyaallari Bronze IL'ite

Hi Padmini

This should not be a big problem.... I'm sure he will outgrow it....

My DD used to do this at 5 months!!!! NO other option but to let her sleep on me... :hide:

Regards,
    Sreya.

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Padmini, Happy that you have found a position for him to sleep, lol! (dont pounce on me now ;P). You try to cushion yourself well in the sides, find a comfortable way so that you too can co-sleep with him, when he sleeps on you. I have been there too, but i was happy that he slept and I would instantly doze off too. But i had side cushions so that my hands dont fall down, i had a dhupattah tied around us so that I dont let him roll down while sleeping. Once all settings done, I too would happily doze off :)))))) Hugs :))

7. Padminiramesh

Thanks all mommies...
    DS got cold and cough and again yesterday he didn't slept, he was cranky all through the night. Planning to visit Pedi today.
    Ramya,
    Yes he just started to roll over, but he prefers sleeping in his sides. so wen he sleeps on my chest, he sometime try to turn and the balance is getting lost. So i am not able to sleep peacefully. Ohh my god, every day is like a long journey, unpredictable. Keeping fingers crossed on what next.

8. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Good you figured out about the nose, actually. Stuffy noses are notorious for keeping the child up. Have you been using more fan than you used to - now that it is getting blazing hot? FWIW, that's exactly how DS would sleep for an eternity with me. On amma!

9. Padminiramesh

Yes Tikka, I started using AC from last weekend he got up because of his sweating and his back was wet. But i am keeping the deg to 28 and using it for one hour. Its hot hot hot here, unbearable.:-(...Summer please go away.:rant

10. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

is sleeping on her stomach in anyway bad for DD. She sleeps ONLY that way. Initially I was worried abt suffocation, but that she is old enough to take her head up .... I let her sleep the way she wants