1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sizzling Razzmatazz!!!!!-3-cherubic momentzz!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, Jan 18, 2012.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

*For a person like me..the small Shrine at the entrance to our School was like the Moon emerging out of its hazy clouds!!
    Such that the time between 5.00-6.00p.m.{we have our study-hour at sharp 6.00p.m.} people could predict my whereabouts as the Shrine!!

*The solemn Shrine housed a statue of the Tiruchendur Murugan..complete with His Consorts, our cute pot-bellied Ganapathi Bappa, the South-facing Dakshinamoorthy….and above all the ever-enticing statue of ‘my Ma’-all this luckily proved to be a great place to throng to, every evening..

*Our School run by a trust which believes in spiritual practices never overlooks any of the festivals-here the only difference is, while it were a holiday for the normal schools..here since our children reside here..we cannot close down the School-and at the same time not tax them with class-room activities even on that special day-instead launch off an exclusive celebration!!!!
    (Of course our children will go home for Deepavali and for their Winter Holidays just right in time for X-mas.)

Especially, I always personally, love to capture those ‘Moments of Tranquility’ that would be permeating throughout the Campus on the eve of the ‘Karthigai Deepam..

*It sort of forges a lovely bond of friendship between all the children-the Koreans would be carrying the oil-pots for the Indian children to light up the lamps! Come evening by 6.00- the Shrine would be a glimmering sight to feast our eyes upon..

Again, the unique joy of taking the ‘Naivedhya Prasadham’ in ‘plantain thonnais’ from the Gurukal who would come there to perform the evening Pooja-would be transparent..not just in the kid’s faces..but in our’s too!!

*The grass meadow adjoining the Shrine, would be so full of ‘Bubbly Zing’.. with the chatters and squeals of our kids-providing a ‘Perfect Accompaniment’ to the chirping of the ‘evening-birds’ to the sway of the gentle breeze!!
    It’s one time to look out for, folks!!

The School has a special ‘Namaz Room’ for all its Muslim students and the Bible-Sessions by a Father, every Sunday morning. The Koreans mostly follow Christianity and the Lankans Hinduism!

*This apart, once in two weeks the children {in batches per visit} would be taken to orphanages to make them aware of “a life beyond their aristocratic Life-style”!!
    Thus, they at least get to realize the value of all that they’ve been pampered with!!
    The same children who were earlier wasting their food..would surprisingly, be the first ones to ‘clean their plates off any remnants’!

**Heights of Ecstasy rule high whenever there’s a birthday---
    The feverish frenzy would all start with their ‘Mission Card-Making’ in their dorms!!
    At times the chart papers given by their teachers for a project-would transform themselves in the skilful hands of our children, as ‘Mega-size Greeting-Cards’!!!

You know, the USP of such a Card is that-
    While, it being adorned by sketches of a Korean, the borders would be made by a Lankan, the colouring..thrown in by a Singaporean;
    the miscellaneous craft-work and captions by an Indian
    -all in all..it’s Perfect Universal Brother{Sister}Hood..come any birthday.

*In fact the children do not restrict the celebrations to their friends…but of us, the teachers too!
    Wherefrom they get to gather the details of our birthdays I know not-but they ARE really so sweet;-Heart-of-hearts, however mature we, teachers may be, we too are away from home-actually nothing less different from the kids in being ‘Home-Sick’!!!

It was during one of those Value-Education classes that I was leisurely airing out all this to the children! Keeping this in mind the kids had organized my birthday as with the best iota of love and solace put together 24 times-{‘coz 24 is my Class-strength-our strength per class is maximum only 23/24, emphasizing on the student-teacher ratio}-I could equate their Love and Care for me to ‘That Sheer Bliss’ I experience when in front of my Goddess!!!!!

*The day started with a bang for me-
    I entered the class for my first period of English with them. I was startled to see the whole class-room empty; No traces ever of any of my ‘lovey-dovey’ ones…
    Just when I thought of informing this to the P.T. staff and ask her to have a look at the hostel,
    There was a frenzied scream of ‘Happy Birthday Ma’am’-

Who else??? But my boys who were so long hiding themselves under their desks!!
    (Oh! My God-even my plumpy chubby Nafees had managed to squeeze himself and emerged victorious, as if a Warrior would from his desk.)

You should have been there to see the card they gave me-such a huge one, made with four whole chart papers glued together;- I’m sure even ‘The Archies’ store would not be able to churn out one!!
    The opening page consisted of some mesmerizing sketches of a grand cake..complete with candles and flames, a bunch of white balloons and roses!!!
    It also carried the words-‘HAP HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA’AM’!!

**Already floored by such an intricate drawing-I was all the more on seeing its contents inside…
    My boys had sketched a galaxy of 24 Stars going to represent their number and in the center of it all a big Moon!!

Each of the Stars was of a different hue and had had their thumb-prints imprinted in a stylish fashion..onto which their names were being painted; the most attractively done part was the Moon-which according to them was symbolizing me(!)..the Moon shone as luminous as it’s ‘Real Counterpart’..inside of which was written my name in a Calligraphically beautiful manner.

*Only I was scared that I should not spoil such a lovely hand-made card with my tears..
    Of course they were tears of joy touched by their love..
    I really was thanking God(dess) profusely for having made me a TEACHER-lest would I have earned so much of innocent love from such CHERUBS?!?!!

{If I have to pen down in detail about either the other cute gift items like pens, flowers, chocolates…or about the birthday hymn that they had sung for me…
    Or even about their ‘Gift’ of maintaining their Class-room in a spic & span manner-which otherwise is the Eighth World Wonder for my CLASS-I have to write yet another blog!!!

So let me stop here dears…there’s one more thing too..My eyes are already blinded by tears which do not allow me go further too!
    }-Saras.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    let me have the honour of opening the fb account for your wonderful blog. That's the unique privilege of being a teacher. In no other vocation we get such a show of love and gratitude from our clients.
    About 7, 8 years ago when I was travelling to Chennai by flight with my client and was struggling with my heave hand luggage and cabin luggage a petite stewardess ran up to me and lifted all my bags. I was floored. Was it the standard customer care extended by Jet Airways?
    "Sir" the sweet girl told me with a smile, "Last year you came to our college to lead the training session on Creative Problem Solving. I still can't forget the examples you gave us."
    When that can happen to this middle aged accountant what is going to happen to you? When you are about to board an international flight in KL airport the pilot might come and touch your feet: "Don't you recognise me Mam? I'm Nafeez of TVIS"
    This blog made a good reading and made me quite nostalgic. I want to write much more but then I have a lot to do. Have to prepare for tomorrow's DP class and give final touches to L2L 8.
    Great work, gal. May you be blessed.
    sridhar

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You are pouring in your knowledge, your out of the world care for each one of those students, your divine will to inspire, your disciplined and human approach, etc. just like pouring water into the saplings. Well, the saplings are very happy to see the determination of the Master in taking care of the well being of the saplings and in return they release invaluable oxygen in the form of their love to their master. The memories of these wonderful experiences will linger in your mind as well as in your students mind for long time to come. Those memories are invaluable.

I was sent to school at the age of 4 directly to Grade 1. My teacher asked me to write my name in a sentence and I did not know how to construct a sentence and answer. While all students laughed, he came close, showered his love and told me, "What is in a name or the frame (words) around it? You are a student and I am a teacher. What you accomplish using this relationship matters the most." I am now 57 years old, reading Bhagavad Gita and Lord Krishna is saying the same thing that your name or frame is not important. I am your divine guru and you are my student and what you learn is most important. Only 53 years passed in between, but the lesson remains the same.

Viswa

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Great , you had such a wonderful birthday with the lovely little ones.. No more words!

5. SARASVADIVU

Dear dear Sir,

I deem it ma privilege to have you open the account with a soothing fb!!!!
    So..saab has also handled classes in 'Creative Problem Solving'-then, Sir you should write blogs on 'em too:It would make perfect lessons for all of us here-along with the lessons you are giving us in the form of History{PS}, Sociology & Humanities{L2L}, Religion, Philosophy in all those blogs that go to make up AIA:):)
    Regards & love,
    SARAS.

6. SARASVADIVU

Hello Sir,

Thanks for being a constant here and airing out your lovely views too:
    "What is in a name or the frame (words) around it? You are a student and I am a teacher. What you accomplish using this relationship matters the most." I am now 57 years old, reading Bhagavad Gita and Lord Krishna is saying the same thing that your name or frame is not important."
    -Beautiful Analysis there!!!

Regards,
    Saras

7. SARASVADIVU

Dearest nihas,

First of all-sorry da I can't access your private message 'coz I haven't made any posts in recent times-well I always deem it a pleasure when ever you come here to give your fb da:cheers
    Your innocence really melts me sweet gal..
    love,
    Saras

8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Oh thats ok Saras , I was wondering why havent u replied any of those. Let me wait till you get ur PM access :)

9. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

My sweet saras,

I have posted my comments immediately after reading your blog twice. My PC showed server Error continuously. I felt very bad and could not continue.

The entire blog made me that i was with the students enjoying the seconds.All are not blessed with everything in their life. To get a good students who can bring and can retain the good name in the school the same way teachers too. Blessed Teacher and Blessed students. I had a sweet prasadam from your sweet blog where MY SARASMA bless and give me more to cherish the taste of it. I love Birthday Celebration I did for everyone 2010 my daughter gave me a pleasant surprise and i cut the cake with the cute card and nice tops. I will not throw even the cover of the gift whenever i will see I should be overwhelmed with joy. Now I have overwhelmed and enjoyed each and every sentence which you have framed and presented to this site.

10. SARASVADIVU

Dear dear Sreema,

Was actually wondering what had happened to this girl--why hasn't she yet come to grace my page???
    Anyways am happy you did manage to read mine:)
    Well sreema how could you show all of us here such an innocent love in the name of great fbs-hats off to you ma!!

Whenever you give me an fb I get reminded of my cousin sister who is so loving and one who always says that she would like to emulate me-in reality she does not know that I have learnt a lot from her selfless qualities-and Lo! it applies to you too sreema:cheers
    Saras