Site is back - but with data as of Monday, July 23rd 2007

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Malathy for your efforts in bringing it back,
    not a problem in posting it again

cheers
    sreelatha

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,
    When I opened IL site this morning I was shocked to see many of the posts missing. Many of the feedbacks are missing and even the viewership count was as on 23rd July, 2007.

I have posted SHE 14 again.

I could almost reconstruct the thread on my new book. I could retrieve a portion of the feedbacks from my browser's history and have reposted them. I am happy because I could recover your post in that thread in full.

These problems are inevitable. When we start using technology to this extent, we will have to live with this kind of problems. Dont let this affect you. We all stand by you and no one has lost anything. The community, the friendship, the love is intact. At the end of the day, they are the things that matter. All the rest are trivial and can be recovered. Even if we are not able to recover the rest, nothing is lost.

I have been dealing with technology for donkey's years and I know things like this are bound to happen one time or the other. I remember once I had to re-type a 40 page report because of a computer glitch. All these are wayside experiences, to be noted for technical guidance, and not to be taken anywhere near the heart.

Believe me, Malathy, my attitude would be exactly the same even if all my 2500 plus posts are lost.

I am making a request to all the ILites through this thread. Please repost the ILites Feedbacks which might have to come to you through your email.

Laxmi, Kamla you may have my post written on shopping of sarees for SHE 13. If you can post it back in the same place, I will be grateful.
    If it is difficult to retrieve, never mind.

regards,

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Administrator,

I salute you and your team in bringing back IL. I can appreciate the problems faced by you in running such a large forum which is swelling in numbers by the day. All my relatives and friends are surprised that I am active in a ladies' forum. I just tell them that this is because I find the members intelligent, inquisitive and appreciative.

Regards,

TDU

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,
    I came to know of the problem on noticing that Chitvish posts had suddenly got less by over 300.I was even wondering if reverse counting had started!. I am one of the many awaiting her10000posts.
    To recover300 ,hmmmmm uphill task?
    Thankyou Malathy,for the explanation.
    Regards,
    Meenu

5. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Moderators ,
    When today morning I opened IL , I sensed that my posts are lesser by some 30-40 posts. But then I said to myself that I must have mistaken to memorize the number of my posts when I last saw it :-D But now after reading this post, I feel happy and relaxed (phew!!!) that at least I am not getting older and forgetting things :tongue
    In any case, I would like to thank you for all your efforts every single day to keep the site hale and hearty :2thumbsup: Pls dont feel bad about losing the data. Nothing is immortal in the world. These wicked servers are very much capable of losing all our data in just a eye blink and we the human become helpless in front of our own creation :mrgreen:

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Madhu, Shobana, Shantha, Punitha, Kamla, Nischel, Pavithra, Sowmi, Sunitha, Sreelatha, Varalotti, TDU, Meenu and Monsi,

Thank you for your kind words and understanding. It was definitely a painful experience for me. At one point, I called every technical support person in our hosting company. The manager came online and said, "There had been so many calls on this issue. It appears that everyone here is working on this issue. However, there is massive confusion as to who is working on what" :oops: :)

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi all,

I did not seem to notice the number of posts that were lost, but I thought that my PC was struck by a virus which it often gets afflicted with. I am glad that the site is up and running and hope to see people flocking in and bumping into them in the games forum.

Malathy and team - you girls are doing a good job in keeping up with the growing demands.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunitha, I think a few members are referring "posts" as "points".

Dear IL'ites, Even though it is semantics, we want to refrain from using the term "points" because, down the line, someone will interpret it differently and start focusing on quantity of participation as opposed to quality.

This allows me to clarify one more point regarding quality vs quantity of participation. I am hoping that members don't think of increasing the number of posts as an objective by itself. We want members to focus on participating and expressing themselves in a way that engages, educates and entertains themselves and others. There is no end goal here. In IL, just as in many walks of life, Journey IS the destination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.