1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore Tour

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sonia, Feb 23, 2007.

1. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Have anybody tried for singapore airlines to go to India.The site states that if U r having halt more than 4 hours they will offer U a free tour (transit visa +bus)to visit some places of Singapore.

If anybody tried it plz tell me is it worth going by this airlines.If its not worth then I don't want to book ticket for this airlines as this will take long time than other airlines.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sonia,

Let me tell you on the outset itself that I have not been to India on this airline. But the offer sounds too good to me to miss. If you have the facility to travel by it, you should do it. Singapore is a lovely place and a quick tour is worth it. Besides, Singapore's Garuda airlines is known for its excellent flight services.

L, Kamla

3. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

Can U tell me name of some places must to see in Singapore.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sonia,

Have just seen your post in the Singapore forum and hope you get a good feedback and helpful suggestions.
    Like I already mentioned to you, Singapore is a shopper's paradise and it is a very modern and beautiful City with great eateries. I know that there are many entertainment parks there, but you will not be able to cover them on a day visit. I suggest that you also browse the net for Singapore for more information and other relevant material.
    Best of luck.

L, Kamla

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dea Sonia,

From the pacific coast, Singapore airlines is the airlines of choice. Their service is excellent and if you are travelling alone with a young child, they really take good care of you. I think Singapore Airlines has been voted as best airlines more than a few times.
    Now about the Singapore tour, yes the Airport does arrange for this bus tour. it is a bus tour only. I don't think that you can get down in any one place and look around. I have not been on this tour. If you are travelling alone with your kid, i would recomend that you just book yourself into the Changi airport transit hotel .The rooms are available for a 6 hour block , very comfortable and quite economical. I usually book a room and stay there for the 8 hour gap between the two flights. You have to book well in advance as these are quite popular and are taken up very quickly.

Good luck with your trip booking and hope youget more info about the free tour.

Vandhana

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I have travelled by Singapore Airlines-simply the best airline.Their service is the best.I would say,second is Emirates in service.

When we were moving from India to U.S.,we were in Singapore for 5 days.One of the most important places to visit in Singapore is the Sentosa islands.You will need one day for this.Then you can go to Little India,where most of the Indian shops and eateries are located.You can take a boat and go see the Merlion or you can just walk along the waterway.We did not have much time since hubby was there on an official visit and so we had only the afternoons for sightseeing.So,hope this helps.

May be people from Malaysia and Singapore can throw more light.