1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sincere Prayer Before Every Meal

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, May 30, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Sincere prayer before every meal :hello:

Which meal important or more precisely which is the most important meal of the day?

Few may come up with wpquick answer as all meals of the day are important. Weight conscious women and men would circumscribe their reply associating with intermittent fasting couple it with some exercise regime or yoga .

Doctors and nutritionist say in one voice that BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day that keeps you energetic for the hours that follow.

Skipping morning breakfast causes numerous disorders in the working realm inside the body and outside as well.

But a prayer before every meal .... not every one.

But in religious practices, one would find these are prescribed.
    In orthodox Hindu homes, the person would sit on mampalaga
    and would wait till items are served on banana leaf ending with ghee over a pyramid of cooked white rice.

He would sprinkle droplets water from his palm around the crude elliptical shaped leaf three times while uttering the special couplet and then wait for the lady to transfer from a mini spoon into the eating palm of the person. Then he would transfer that water into his mouth uttering “Hari hi”.

Any eating activity before commencement- a prayer to the Lord or Almighty offered with sincere thanks for the meal is expected to reward the eater in some invisible ways.

I was invited to dinner by my scientist colleague from Kashmir at his residence. With his two bubbly kids and he set the table and all sat around. Warm Food with just-made chappathi and sabji laid up remain untouched. But including the babies, he & his wife, all with eyes closed were in prayers. I too - but not in orthodox Brahmin way.

After two minutes of silence prayers, my colleague explained the importance of it.

One eats to live and few live to eat.

Here hear and view the baby prays before her meal:

Last edited: May 30, 2020