1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Simple and Wonderful Things!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by SD2713, Sep 23, 2013.

1. SD2713

SD2713 Silver IL'ite

Balls are bouncing ba ba ba… Caterpillar crawling ca ca ca…” was the chorus I heard when I went to pick my twin daughters from their preschool. All the kids along with their teachers were surrounding something and singing. The watchman smiled at me and said, ‘they have found something interesting. Go and have a look’. With all the curiosity I went and found a caterpillar lying on a big leaf on the ground. And all these kids were so excited about it.
    That was a big and green coloured caterpillar. It curled on a big leaf. My daughters were so engrossed that they did not notice me. That was their first encounter with a caterpillar. All smiles and curious faces, they all looked so beautiful.
    I am glad that they have such a nice school campus filled with trees. From outside it looks like a mini jungle. It keeps them close to nature. I have seen these girls chasing butterflies, playing in sand and take little jungle walks. You can imagine what a mother feels when her little ones are so happy with such simple and wonderful things.
    Tell me about such things which you and your toddler enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    12 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It was soo good to read your post :) Yes, simple things give immense joy and no wonder there is an old saying which ask us to be children to be able to fully enjoy life.

I love cooking. When I do cook my DD's food, I always ask her to be with me (she is 20 months old). Of course, I wont let dangerous things like oil spilling etc when she she there. So, few days ago, i was holding her and gave her a garlic clove to throw it in the cooker. She was soooo happy that I bet it made her day. After she put the garlic, she hugged me, was giggling and was all being silly for a while :)
    It made my day to see her that happy for such a small thing :)

8 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

:)
    this is such a nice post.
    Yes it feels so good to see our kids happy.
    Well one such incident that i remember is when me and my son were playing with a touch me not plant.We both would touch each plant and watch its leaves close.And then wait for it to reopen.
    Those were good days.Now he is 6 and loves doing things own his own.:)

4 people like this.
  4. SD2713

SD2713 Silver IL'ite

Yes Dinny... touch me not plants are really wonderful. I remember on the way to school I use to play with them and get late :)

4 people like this.
  5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

my son is always busy in the kitchen cooking his own variety of dishes and from couple of days asking all of us to take his food... he just brings empty spoon and give us some food in the hand...

I wonder if he is going to be a great chef....:p

5 people like this.
  6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

we had the small album full of our wedding pics other day he was going thru everything in the draw and he found that from that day he wants to look at those pics whenever we go in the room... its so amazing how kids remember each and everything.. and I added so of his baby pics to that album and he loves seeing at them pointing out to mommy,dad, and baby drinking milk.... small incidents but makes us feel happy...

3 people like this.
  7. SD2713

SD2713 Silver IL'ite

yes breeze... it's like that. Kids have a sharp memory. Even my twin daughters know where the photo albums are hidden. I have hidden their favorite things in every corner of the house and they are aware of it. Thanks for continuing the post.

1 person likes this.
  8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful post. My favourite with my 2 year old is making bubbles from our shower gel during the shower. She always asks for it and loves to see me cup my hands and blow out big bubbles. And oh! the joy of popping them! How she giggles when she catches one! I do this every single day, yet she isn't bored but only wants more! To think how much toy manufacturers try to lure us into spending...

3 people like this.
  9. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

my son also likes to make bubbles.. and we give him bath with the bucket he always wants to get in the bucket and tries to splash the water.. kids feel happy for little thing for which moms loves to join them as well................. all those small things they do for sure make our day................

2 people like this.
  10. anandhit

anandhit Junior IL'ite

kids have very good memory

whtever they r doing it is interesting to watch

my 20 month old DS used to splash water in my palm when I'm about to clean his neck...he wont allow me to do that......it is a play for him.....he enjoys it much.....

Also the word he used to say "kanalai" in tamil and the expression like shaking his little hands and eyes wide open........whenever he in search of something....it is very cute...so we used to hide things and ask him where is it

3 people like this.