1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

sil's behavior

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Rad, Nov 1, 2012.

1. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Your mom and sister came to your house not MIL or SIL's so its absolutely of zero importance how they behaved.
    Next time ignore them and tell your mom in advance. You all know their nature so why expect anything better from them.
    Just make sure you treat your family double nicely in front of them if they act like this again. So they will know you understand their behaviour, don't appreciate it, don't give them pleasure of fight either at the same time respect your family.
    No need to talk about it just act. Tell your mom she doesn't have to be super nice to them even if they disrespect just because they are her daughter's in laws.
    Vaidehi

2 people like this.
  2. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

thank u all for the valuable posts....it helped me to decide wht to do.....i'll try to compose myself and get on with the things..

1 person likes this.
  3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Give her a taste of her own medicine! Your sister was with u right? You should have said something (irrelevant) into your sisters ear while looking at SIL and laughed....and then totally ignore them....that would have taught them a lesson!

2 people like this.
  4. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

For this u should have told her " yeah she left for time being but I would love my mom to stay with me for some days so planning to get her soon..."

Sometimes we have to act smart..for your SIL's behaviour she would have felt insecure with ur mom's presence because as per her this is her brothers house.. just ignore her as if her attitude has least affected u.

4 people like this.
  5. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Do you really care and lose your sleep over such people. Am sure mom would have been really happy for you inspite of these jerks

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

What an irony!!

1 person likes this.
  7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rad

I understand how irritated you must be with your IL's behavior and it's probably that anger that's causing you to call them names. But just please avoid it, you don't want to be them - being disrespectful.

As for your SIL being disrespectful to your mom, don't return the behavior to youe husband's people. If her upbringing is such that she can't even show common courtesy to an older person, show them that you have better upbringing by being nice and courteous to everyone. And of course, be extra nice to your mom just to make her feel comfortable in your house and not to prove a point to anyone. If your husband makes snide remarks about anything, just smile and say "this is how I behave with everyone, be it your mom or my mom" and move on to the next topic! Diplomacy is really the key in handling a lot of these issues!

2 people like this.
  8. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

Firstly, ask mom not to be upset because of idiots..Second, its your house. call you mom as much as you want without them knowing about it.