1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I visit my family?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by neha1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Visu,
    I can relate to your wife.I get so much satisfaction to just see my DH eat. And, I cannot even explain the look on his face and his eyes when he comes home with a longing to eat food and relax. I think he starts to dream of dinner while leaving from office itself:rotfl. Aww....this moment makes me weak and that's one reason why this thread was started:crazy. I'm gathering my courage now to plan my trip. Wish me luck,guys:). I really need it

2. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

Yup, you may be right but it was new for me :) :thumbsup

3. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

I do feed my DH everyday too..He comes home asking me what I am making for him..He in turn loves baking/ making desserts..So when I churn out dinner, he browses online sites for baking recipes:)

Plus, when I am ready to cook, he would stand next to me and ask me how many onions I need:rotfl

In fact, we love chatting while we both are in the kitchen.

Sigh, I miss him:( Top of that we had an argument over a small issue today over the phone and thats when I felt the cringe that long distance sucks:hide:

4. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

@tuliplady,
    Exactly....I think of these small things too and am already missing DH:crazy

Just get your self to feel better by thinking that you would be meeting him soon(3 months??) and you guys did not opt for this...I'm sure there would have been a reason..Hang in there girl....good luck

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

UGGGGH!! My DH is like this even Today! I have to remind him for every meal to 'sit' and eat. If not, by the time I set the table/reheat food, he would stand next to me and be done with his first course. :spin

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    My DH with great difficulty answered that question and I make those items so often. Neither of us know if he answered the question genuinely or not. :biglaughAnd till date he will not remember to comment good or bad unless asked specifically. Like your DW, I will not be satisfied with a simple 'super' comment. He has to criticize it else I won't believe him. :crazy

6. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

Sure, enjoy your stay and remember it will last only so many days. So be happy and make the best of your time there (I mean here!)

7. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

Glad to know that I am not the only one to be constantly coached and whose words deeply analyzed and suspected:bonk! :rotfl

8. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much!!!

9. prsnfd

prsnfd Bronze IL'ite

Awww u guys are so sweet :)

But honey...take time for yourself and take your vacation...ur hubby is a man not a baby...i bet he will be fine.

Besides...distance makes the heart fonder.....so i bet there will be some lovey dovey moments if you see him after a couple months!!...now thts a good incentive!! ain't it?

10. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Prsnfd,
    thanks for your post.
    Yep, I hope too that the heart grows fonder..But,leaving is so hard and mentally draining on our minds:crazy. I'm not able to handle the stress but now a lot better now after seeing the replies from my wonderful friends here on IL.