1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I tell my DH?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Looking4Advice, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Explanations are not the priority here - the priority is to kick an abuser out of her life. The priorities are messed up.
    Anyway, its her life - she needs to decide.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

I agree with you Bro. That is what I would have done if were a female and would probably think of repercussions later. I wrote in my previous post what needs to be done according to me.

My last post was may be because, I was finding L4A as a reasonable and balanced person and trying to understand why she decided what she did.

3. rastor

rastor New IL'ite

I feel sorry for this OP. Sometimes stuff happens that are beyond our control, in such cases many are driven to act in ways that gives them a semblance of normalcy in an icy cold world where their thoughts, fears cannot be shared with even their closest kin.

Remember abusers tend to target those who are vulnerable, not the strong. OP is probably in a much better position to repel abuse. She needs a lot of strength now and ever after. So to cheer things up for her, let me end this post with a little blessing for her and her little one.

I wish you peace, love and years of happiness. May your love never grow old, and may you find your purpose in life. May you remain young at heart, and may you never stop looking at this world with wonder. May dawn be a time of expectations and dusk a time of fulfillment....

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am not sure if you have already made up your mind but here I go anyway...

OP, you really need to set your priorities right, daughter/son or family relations. If I were you, I WILL NOT let my dad enter my home. Once an abuser, will always be an abuser. I have strongly believed in this concept and so far it has not betrayed me. I don't think he is coming to specially abuse you or your infant but surely his evil intentions will return once he sees you either breast feeding or something like that.

If you do not want to tell your husband about your dad, then i suggest that you tell him you are not willing to get your parents here. Its only going to make you feel uncomfortable. If he still doesnt get it through, I would suggest tell him about your dad.