1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I find him?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by KateOguinn, Apr 9, 2011.

1. sweeetheart

sweeetheart New IL'ite

Find that guy and kill him.

2. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

I really respect your mom Kate. Though I don't really understand the dynamics of all these relationships fully, raising you singly demands a lot of strength emotionally :) And as for the sweeping generalizations on Indian men, I too used hate Indian men for no proper reason. But as I grow up and look at examples in my own circle, I find almost all men contributing to their families. Some who made enormous sacrifices so that their kids grow up in a secure environment. Some who have not walked out of marriages only for the reason that its a commitment they took and come whatever may, but they are not going to walk out. Its unfortunate that you have such a father.

You can do two things. Forgive and forget or try to find him and remind him of his characterless behavior. It might be the revenge you take for your mother.

3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi Kate,

If I were you, I'll track him and give him a lecture how he should have actually treated my mum.

Doesn't matter whether he accepts you or not but he needs to know you exist. He can't just happily stay with his family with good reputation thinking he never really did such a big sin.

4. KateOguinn

KateOguinn Junior IL'ite

I've sent out Father's Day cards-----one to his brother's address--to be forwarded of course. One to India, *addressed to Mr. and Mrs.*

My mom's idea :~)

Both cards say "thanks for nothing these past 38 years. You'll be happy to know, Ms. OGuinn (my mother and your ex-girlfriend) forgives your debt of $76,000 in past child support payments. Have a good life.---------Your darlin' daughter Kate

and now I'll continue to explore my heritage, without looking back.

5. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Awesome:clap

You go girl!

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Kate, you are so confident, courageous, and level headed despite what life has thrown your way. I love it. Like shezthezone said.... YOU GO GIRL!

Maybe life has taken away from you a father figure, but he has given you a mom who is more strong than most men could ever hope to be. You are unlucky in that you got a father who ran away from his responsibilities, but you are lucky in that you got a mom who can handle it. I feel this father's day you should honor your mom for stepping up to the plate and being the father to you that your dad never was.

I feel like you have become part of the indusladies friendship community and it's really nice that you're here. I like reading your updates. Hats off to you.

7. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Well, well you have stirred up a hornets nest !
    I doubt if your uncle will forward the card to your father, he may throw it in the dustbin.But he will certainly tell his dear brother who will have sleepless nights from now on. He will be dreading any communication from US !
    This is poetic justice to be sure.

8. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

:thumbsup:cheers:clap:2thumbsup::wow:hatsoffBow