1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Shops/websites ?? Where to buy sarees in US ??

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by savannas, Jul 13, 2011.

1. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    My mom has come to stay with us for helping with my delivery.. I know that she wants to purchase some US manufactured sarees as gifts when she goes back ( I believe she received them as gift once before and some of them are extremely lightweight and nice to wear). Honestly, this is how I came to know that we can even buy sarees in US !!!!
    So, now I got a nice idea - I am thinking of buying a saree as a surprize gift for my mom for wearing on punyajanam day ( 11th day after birth of baby).. I want to know how/where we can purchase saree in US..
    We stay in Phoenix Arizona. We dont have too many great Indian shops here, and I am guessing closest brick and mortar shops would be LA ? SFO ? Could anyone help me with some shop names where you bought sarees ( either Arizona or California??)
    Also, if you know any website or online store where we can purchase sarees, that would also be very helpful..
    Thanks a lot, in advance..

Love
    Savitha

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi savanna,
    I think in LA, Artesia has sarees shops...but, they are Indian sarees I think....not sure if they have US made sarees.