1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping in chennai

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Sashmitaa, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hey guys,

Can you tell me the name of the stores where I can get good collection of kids dresses. If for adults especially fashionable sarees where should I go.

with love
    Lakshmi

2. sujijag

sujijag New IL'ite

lakshmi,

there are good shoppings places in chennai for kids... like some famous shops in t.nagar exclusively for kids ... like flora, krishna collections etc... and mostly in all the shops u do find kids sections so choose from many shops so that u got lot of new modles for kids...

and for nice lovely saree if u wanted costly u can visit manmandhir in nungambakkam or spencer's miss india saree shop ... for resonable work sarees rmkv,kumaran,pothys,nalli also do have a good collection...

so enjoy ur shopping in chennai....:2thumbsup:

3. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Also check out FabIndia - very ethnic stuff for the whole family. Lovely, cotton Indian dresses for children too.

It is on the MG Road - if you are coming in a direction where Spencer's plaza is to your left, come to the signal after this. Go ahead and take a U turn and come back to almost the signal on the other side. There is a lane before this signal and you will find Fabindia there. Hope they have not changed places - it is been more than 3 yrs since I went there. May be you could get their number from 'Just dial' or similar service in chennai and then go there.

Rasi silks in Mylopore is also a good option for sarees.

Great shopping,

Cheers,

Sumathy

4. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hey sujijag and sumathy

Thank you guys for your references and sumathy for your elaborate explantion of the route.

Love
    Lakshmi

5. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi saashmita,
    i would just like to add more to the info given by our fellow il'ites.for children clothin there is a mother care which is open now in t.nagar just before panagal park opposite saradambal temple next to virtusa buildin i think.if ur lookin for traditional stuff then u can go to fab india for boys and all our nalli, rasi kumaran and rmkv for pavadai's for girls.

For the worked sari you can also try rangoli thats a new shop opened in nungambakkam i guess. heard its got great collection you can also check out roshanlals in nungambakkam.
    hope this info reaches u in the rite time.and not late:) .
    takecare n happy shopping!!!!
    pavithra