Shlokas

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Varloo, Mar 19, 2006.

1. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

I humbly abide by your request.
    Thankyou so much for replying. I will ask my sister to chant the slokam and I will definitely chant the slokam for my father.
    Your are the best....you remembered to include a slokam for my father too. I appreciate your help a lot.
    I am already chanting VSK slokams and the 108 Sivan Potri posted by you everyday for my father. I will include the Mahamrityunjaya slokam in my prayers daily.
    Thanks again.

Love,
    Jothi.

PS. I have a request too... can I call you Chitra Mami instead of Chitra...Pleaseeeeeeeeeee.
    Jothi.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Jothi,
    Thankyou very much for everything except you PS.
    Please, I know you all give the respect due to an elderly person ! But in the virtual screed interaction I feel more comfortable, being addressed just as Chithra.
    Go ahead with your shlokams - when you find leisure, go through the index in detail. There are shlokas for many occasions. You may find one or other useful, at an odd occasion !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Ok. Ungala Chitraane koopidaren..

Thanks for the slokams, will look into it in detail.

Love,
    Jothi.

4. asha2664

asha2664 Senior IL'ite

dear chitra

yesterday i had sent you a mail asking for the kanakadhara stotram 24 stanzas and some advice on asimple effective mahalakshmi pooja that i could do on fridays for the benefit of my family.i presume the mail had not reached you.Hats off to you for all the extensive spiritual work you have done .This really benefits people like us who do not have much knowledge of the same.Thanks so much.Looking forward to your reply

Regards

asha

5. Chitvish

Dear Asha,
    I did not get your mail.
    Kanakadhara is in prapatti.com. So I have not given. I will later give Ponmazai by Kannadasan after S L is over. I have given Vilakku pujai to be done on fridays, in the name Deepalakshmi Puja. Do that & chant mahalakshmi namavali archanai, if there is time.
    If you still have doubt, ask me.
    Love,
    Chithra.

sindmani likes this.
  6. asha2664

asha2664 Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra
    Thank you so much for the immediate response.Really appreciate the same.I was not able to find the deepalakshmi pooja in the shloka section.I saw tiruvilakku prathanai in tamil which i am unable to read. Is it the same. Please advise As regarding the archanai is it the one that is given in the shloka section or is it the one that begins with om prakrutai namah/Sorry to trouble you again on this .Will wait eagerly for your reply Thank you
    love
    asha

7. Chitvish

8. asha2664

asha2664 Senior IL'ite

Dear chitra
    thank you so much for the immidiate response.i went through the whole format of the pooja .Being a non brahmin i do have the required pooja vessels .In my house i just light the lakshmi lamp and show camphor.In such a situation what would you advise.Can i chant the lakshmi ashtothara that you have posted it sounds nice when you say it.Once again hats off to u for the extensive spiritual work taht you are doing .I t really helps people like us with limited knowledgeAgain i am impressed with teh soundarya lahiri compilation taht you have done with pictures .I have printed teh shiv shakti picture and kept it in teh pooja room
    Love
    asha.

9. Chitvish

Dear Asha,
    If you are unfamiliar with the puja format, vessels etc, please do not bother. Just chant the mahalakshmi namavali. Your interest is most essential & that you have in plenty !
    All the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Shivashakthyaikya rupini picture is specially good for marital harmony ! - we need it right through our life, right ?

10. asha2664

asha2664 Senior IL'ite

Dear chitra
    thank you so much for the reply yes will chant the namavali .I agree we need that harmony throughout our life .please keep in touch
    Love
    asha