Shlokas - Ask your queries related to Shlokas&Pujas here!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lakshmi79, Sep 26, 2006.

1. nsk

nsk New IL'ite

Hi,

Gayatri Mantra has to be chanted unless someone gets it as a UPADESA by a Guru. For boys generally, during the time of thread ceremony it would be told by father. Not sure about girls.

But as your husband said, it shouldn't be told and chanted by at their wish and will. It is one of the most of powerful mantras that contains chanting of all five elements, eight directions and Gayatri Devi.

-NSK

2. Basuradhu

Basuradhu Silver IL'ite

Hi All
    Im new member to this group. Im married and having one kid. Before marraige i worked. After marriage for the past 2 yrs im trying for job but not yet get anything. plz guide me with good slokas to het good job and to solve financial prb.with my hubby always misunderstanding s there so plz tell slokas r pujas to solve these prb . To lead a happy Life.
    Friends he should understand me but he s taking everything n negative way plz help me.

Radhiga.B

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

A small correction in the pronounciation of Ganesh shloka in #272.

OMKAARAM BINDHUSAMYUKTHAM
    NITYAM DHYAYANTHI YOGINAH
    KAAMADAM MOKSHADAM CHAIVA OR [TASMAAD]
    OMKAARAYA NAMOH NAMAH

4. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    For bondage of husband and wife, please do the worship at temple of arthanareshwarar. Or please do the daily pooja of the deity of SITA RAMA, At chennai you can find arthanareshwarar temple near to dasaprakash hotel.
    At the same time check the horoscope of your husband, yourself and your kid for any remedy.

For jobs, one of my friend told me his experience. He had garlanded beetel leaves for the veerabadra deity at Kalikaambal temple during 3 full moon(poornima). And he got the job. Please make sure that the priest garlands the mala(It is based on his mood, else he just stucks at the feet of the deity)

5. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhiga,

To lead a happy married life, pray Shiva-Parvathi (The divine couple).
    Pray goddesd Gowri (Devi Parvathi) who bestows marital bliss to her devotees.
    Keep a photo of them all the time. This photo can be kept in your bedroom (closet etc).- You can obtain this photo from our ilites thread section http://www.indusladies.com/forums/temples-and-deities/4716-photos-of-deities-33.html
    Chant this slokam for perfect marital bliss.

Sarva Mangala Mangalye
    Shive Sarvartha Satheke
    Sharanye Trayambike
    Gowri Narayani Namosthuthe.

You can chant this slokam as many times as you can.
    Pray especially on Tuesdays to Goddess Parvathi.

You can see a great change in your marital relationship.

All the best.:thumbsup

Warm regards
    Saras

quote=Basuradhu;658173]Hi All
    Im new member to this group. Im married and having one kid. Before marraige i worked. After marriage for the past 2 yrs im trying for job but not yet get anything. plz guide me with good slokas to het good job and to solve financial prb.with my hubby always misunderstanding s there so plz tell slokas r pujas to solve these prb . To lead a happy Life.
    Friends he should understand me but he s taking everything n negative way plz help me.

Radhiga.B[/quote]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. manjur

manjur Senior IL'ite

hi friends,

when doing naivedyam to god every day. cup of what material to be used? can i use steel vessel.?

please reply

manju

7. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras and Newnewgen

Thanks for providing details for good understanding between the husband and wife. I hope it will be useful for me also as sometimes there is a misunderstanding between me and my hubby.

8. Suris

Suris New IL'ite

Sloka for Purva Punya Dosha

Hello Chitra

Please can you tell me if there is any sloka that can be recited to reduce the intensity of Purva Punya Dosha in the horoscope. Really appreciate it.

Regards
    Vidya

9. mahatmamiyam

mahatmamiyam New IL'ite

Re: Thanks Vidya

Hi,
    Can any one tell me where can I get "Devi Mahatmiyam" sloka script either in tamil or english? I also need "Narayana sthuthi and devi sthuthi" scripts.
    Thanks
    Lalitha

10. parv

parv New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Someone please clear my doubts.
    1) Please give a list of flowers which are specially offered to certain gods. Also give a list of flowers that should not be offered to certain gods.
    2) How many threads can we use to light theepams. Many of them say we should light only two lamps and not a single one.
    Please give some suggestions or the methods which you all follow in your home.

:coffee
    Regards,
    Paru.