Shifting back to IT in India

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by marlboro, May 28, 2014.

1. marlboro

marlboro Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am working in the IT industry in US right now. Was contemplating moving back to India in the next 3-4 years once the loan obligations have been completed. Could anyone let me know their experience of work life balance of a working woman in IT? I feel, I get more time over here since the timings are 8-5 , may be some few hours overtime somedays. Since I will be moving back to my hometown , I can expect some support from family but worried about not spending enough time with my toddler girl and husband.

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Most of the time it depends on your project, manager and travel. I was in India 6 month back (after 1.5 years in USA) and I feel I was able to spend much time with me DD than here inspite of hour rules in office. Since my manager was very co-operative and I always ensured to complete my work on time, I never worked in weekend. Also here I have to do all household work and in India I had a maid to cook lunch and cleaning, it was saving lot of time for me. I was staying around 10 KM from office and was going in two wheeler as car takes more travelling time (for me here I have to travel 3 hour /both way)

It's also on you how you are managing and taking care of the work.