1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shifted Life- Comedy serial part 3

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Manager: What Ramesh are you ready for night shift?

Ramesh: Sir, naan aadi poiruken. ( I am shaken )

Manager: yes, Aadi, Aadi I was searching for that word only. You know during the Tamil month of Aadi, husband and wife should not be together. So, night shift is O.K for you.

Ramesh: (with some sudden hope): Sir, then if Aavani comes..... manager interrupts.

Manager: By the time Aavani comes you will be used to the night shift. Ho ho ho... he laughs loudly

Ramesh: nara....nara....nara Grinds his teeth in anger.

Manager: What is this I am hearing some grinding noise.

Ramesh: Nothing. It is my teeth.

Manager: Oh! You are scared to work alone during night and your teeth are chattering because of that. Don't worry, there will be a watchman to give you company.

Ramesh: (in low voice) If it is watchwoman it is better.

Savitha (to manager): Sir, this is unfair. We are just married and you are separating us.

Ramesh ( showing signs to Savitha not seen by the manager and in low tone): Don't worry we will somehow sleep together.

Manager (somehow hears 'sleep together' part): Ramesh, how will you sleep together if you are doing night shift?

Ramesh: It is nothing. What I meant was Savitha will be sleeping in the house and I may doze off in the office. Since we will be sleeping at the same time I told as 'sleep together'.

Manager: Ramesh, this business is very important and you won't have time even to wink. Americans may put conference calls and you may have to answer their technical queries. So, don't sleep of dreaming. No. no.... don't dream of sleeping.

Ramesh: sir, it is only when we sleep we get dreams, i.e dream comes after sleep. But, you said don't dream of sleeping. How dream comes before sleep?

Manager (confused and thinking): Ramesh, you are intelligent. But, don't sleep in the office. I have fixed hidden cameras and if I catch you napping I will cut your pay for the time you are asleep.

Savitha: Oh,no! it is not fair.

Manager: Why savitha? How this is not fair?

Savitha: Sir, Ramesh has slit like eyes and if your cameras' resolution is not good he will look like sleeping all the time.

Manager (laughing): Ramesh, keep your eyes wide open. This will be good for our business also. For example, when the Americans ring up and ask you first, 'how are you?' and if you say 'I am keeping my eyes wide open', they will be impressed. In business you have to keep your eyes wide open, you know. Ho ho ho..... laughs loudly.

Ramesh: nara...nara...nara grinds his teeth in anger.

Manager: O.K, ramesh from tomarrow onwards night shift for you. Don't forget. I am leaving. Suddenly, manager turns around

Manager: Ramesh, yesterday you took half a day leave saying your next door old lady had to be hospitalised, I saw her while coming to your house.

Ramesh: You might have seen the left side neighbour, I had to hospitalise the right side neighbour.

Manager: What? On the right side there is no house I saw. There is a playground only.

Ramesh: Sir, let me clarify. Now, your right side is my left side and your left side is my right side, O.K?

Manager (looking at the hands and verifying): You are correct, since we are standing opposite, what you say is correct.

Ramesh: Same thing. The old lady I admitted is my opposite house neighbour.

Manager (reluctantly): You may be correct.

Savitha ( with a sudden enthusiasm): Sir, will you allow Ramesh to take half a night leave just like he has taken half a day leave.

Ramesh (shakes Savitha's hands): Brilliant idea, Savitha.

Manager: How? now that he has already admitted the opposite house old lady.

Savitha: But, the left side neighbor lady you saw has to be admitted. She has been saying that she is getting giddiness especially during night time only. (again Ramesh shakes Savitha's hands and says, brilliant Savitha).

Manager (in a crying tone): Ramesh, I have ventured into the American business depending on you. Don't let me down by sleeping.

Ramesh: Now you are correct, sir. It is only after lying down we sleep, so down comes before sleep.

Manager goes back scratching his head.

To be continued.......

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    The third part was entertaining. I liked it!

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Third part was sema comic, TDU.

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Thanks, Sindhuja and Janani for your appreciation.